Make these easy and crowd pleasing air fryer potato skins with just 4 ingredients! You are not going to believe how simple it is to make your own homemade crispy potato skins at home.
Crispy loaded potato skins in an air fryer
I love, love, love potato skins. They are one of my favorite appetizers to order at a restaurant. I didn’t realize just how easy loaded potato skins were to make at home until I started experimented with making homemade appetizers in my air fryer.
The best thing about these potato skins is they are ready in under an hour – from start to finish. And they don’t take a lot of hands-on time. I love making them in the air fryer because they don’t use any oil, making them a healthier appetizer option.
What do you put on loaded potato skins?
This recipe is so simple and uses just a handful of ingredients:
- baking potatoes
How do you make potato skins?
- Start by baking your potatoes in the air fryer.
- Then, as soon as they are cool enough to touch, cut them in half and scoop out the center. Make sure to leave a little bit of potato around the edges.
- Load each potato half with shredded sharp cheddar cheese and bacon bits.
- Cook them in the air fryer again, until the cheese is melty and the potato skins are crispy.
- Remove them from the air fryer, top them with chives, and serve! You can also serve them with sour cream for dipping or dolloping on top.
What to serve with air fryer potato skins?
We love serving potato skins with a variety of appetizers. Here are a few recipes to get you started:
- Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- Instant Pot Artichoke Dip
- Slow Cooker Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings Recipe
- Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- 6 small baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- Thinly sliced chives
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Scrub the poatoes well and poke them all over with a fork.
- Place the potatoes in a single layer inside the air fryer.
- Air fry the potatoes for 20 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are done, slice each one in half.
- Scoop out the flesh from the inside the potato. Make sure to leave a good amount around the edges.
- Sprinkle each potato half with cheddar cheese and bacon bits.
- Place the potato skins in a single layer back in your air fryer.
- Cook for 5 minutes at 400°F.
- Remove from air fryer and sprinkle with chives.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 2 potato skins
Amount Per Serving Calories 211Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 9mgSodium 241mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 4gSugar 2gProtein 9g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for air fryer potato skins? You can let us know what you thought with a rating (above) or comment (below). You can also tag us in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks and #aileencooks.