Are you looking for a yummy chocolate chip waffles recipe? Keep reading for a tasty recipe that shows you the easiest way to make waffles!
If you’ve been following my blog for long, you’ll know I love making my kids special breakfasts on Sunday. I’m trying to create traditions for our family and food is one of the easiest way for me to create memories. These chocolate chip waffles fit nicely into the Sunday breakfast rotation.
They are easy to make and delicious even without syrup, thanks to the chocolate chips. Of course, my son will not let me get away with serving him waffles (or french toast) without syrup. He knows a good thing when he tastes it. 🙂
Chocolate chip waffles recipe in the blender
I like this chocolate chip waffles recipe because you just throw everything in your blender and don’t have to dirty an extra bowl. The waffle batter goes directly from blender to waffle iron. It makes a great cooking recipe for kids, too.
These chocolate chip waffles also make a great freezer meal. This is the recipe I used during the freezer cooking challenge and it made it easy to give my kids the Sunday breakfast they deserve when I’m short on time or energy.
How to freeze chocolate chip waffles?
- Let the waffles fully cool.
- Cut out squares of parchment or freezer paper, about the width of the waffles.
- Stack the waffles with a piece of parchment paper in between each waffle.
- Place the stacked waffles in a zip-top freezer-safe bag.
- Suck out the air with a straw and tightly close the zipper.
- Label and date the bag and place in the freezer.
- Freeze up to 3 months.
- To reheat in the oven: place in a 200 degree oven in a single layer and reheat until warmed througout (about 10 minutes).
- To reheat in the toaster: place frozen waffles directly in the toaster and toast on the medium setting.
You can also read our post on how to freeze pancakes.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In the cup of your blender, combine milk, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Blend again until combined.
- Spray the preheated waffle iron with cooking spray and pour approximately 1/2 cup batter into the waffle iron. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Close and cook until golden brown. Repeat until the remainder of the batter is used.
- Enjoy immediately and top with powdered sugar, maple syrup, or butter.
To Freeze: Allow the chocolate chip blender waffles to fully cool. Place waffles in a gallon sized freezer bag, divided by a piece of wax or parchment paper. Freeze for up to 3 months. Reheat frozen chocolate chip blender waffles in the oven and reheating for 10-15 minutes at 200 degrees.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 2 waffles
Amount Per Serving Calories 508Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 176mgSodium 593mgCarbohydrates 64gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 2gSugar 32gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 12g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this chocolate chip waffles recipe? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment.