Pumpkin Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
If you try any new pumpkin spice recipe this season, make it this pumpkin sheet cake with cream cheese frosting. It’s sweet, moist, and flavorful. Plus, it makes your whole house smell like pumpkin. So good!
This cake is really easy to whip together and makes a great dessert to bring to a dinner party, pot luck, or holiday dinner. It also makes a really fun alternative to classic pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
The gooey cream cheese frosting is perfectly sweet and compliments the pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice really well.
This pumpkin sheet cake stays fresh in the fridge for up to 1 week, so feel free to just make it for yourself and enjoy cake with your coffee every morning. I’ll admit it, that’s what I did.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- For the frosting:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, softened
- 16 ounce package powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 cake pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, mix together pumpkin, sugar, oil, and eggs until fully incorporated.
- Add the dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix well.
- Pour the cake batter into the greased cake pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a fork inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the pumpkin sheet cake to fully cool and frost with the cream cheese frosting.
- To make the cream cheese frosting: cream together the cream cheese and butter with a hand or stand mixer. Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Refrigerate any uneaten portion of the pumpkin sheet cake with cream cheese frosting.
Amount Per Serving Calories 601
Source: Adapted from All Recipes