If you try any new pumpkin spice recipe this season, make it this pumpkin sheet cake with cream cheese frosting. It’s sweet, moist, and flavorful. Plus, it makes your whole house smell like pumpkin. So good!
We love our pumpkin desserts and have shared several pumpkin spice recipes over the years. Some of our favorites are Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Fudge, pumpkin spice cookies with vanilla glaze, Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes, and Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes.
Pumpkin Sheet Cake topped with Cream Cheese Frosting
This cake is really easy to whip together and makes a great dessert to bring to a dinner party, pot luck, or holiday dinner. It also makes a really fun alternative to classic pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
The gooey cream cheese frosting is perfectly sweet and compliments the pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice really well.
How long does pumpkin sheet cake stay fresh?
This pumpkin sheet cake stays fresh in the fridge for up to 1 week, so feel free to just make it for yourself and enjoy cake with your coffee every morning. I’ll admit it, that’s what I did. You can also freeze individual slices to enjoy whenever you have a pumpkin sheet cake craving.
Can I freeze pumpkin sheet cake with cream cheese frosting?
Yes. Wrap the cooled and frosted cake in two layers of foil. Label and date the foil with a permanente marker. Freeze up to 3 months. If you want to defost individual slices, then cut the cake into slices before freezing and wrap them each in their own foil.
What is pumpkin puree?
Canned pumpkin puree is simply cooked and pureed pumpkin. It is pure pumpkin without anything added to it.
Can I substitute pure pumpkin for pumpkin puree?
Yes. Simply replace an equal amount of freshly cooked and pureed pumpkin for the canned pumpkin.
What is pumpkin spice made of?
Pumpkin spice is made of a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and allspice. You can make our own pumpkin pie spice or buy a pumpkin spice blend at the grocery store.
If you try any new pumpkin spice recipe this season, make it this pumpkin sheet cake with cream cheese frosting. It's sweet, moist, and flavorful. Plus, it makes your whole house smell like pumpkin. So good!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- For the frosting:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, softened
- 16 ounce package powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 cake pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, mix together pumpkin, sugar, oil, and eggs until fully incorporated.
- Add the dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix well.
- Pour the cake batter into the greased cake pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a fork inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the pumpkin sheet cake to fully cool and frost with the cream cheese frosting.
- To make the cream cheese frosting: cream together the cream cheese and butter with a hand or stand mixer. Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Refrigerate any uneaten portion of the pumpkin sheet cake with cream cheese frosting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 548 Total Fat 27g Saturated Fat 9g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 17g Cholesterol 81mg Sodium 356mg Carbohydrates 73g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 58g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 5g
Did you try this recipe for Pumpkin Sheet Cake? Let us know what you thought with a comment and rating. You can also tag us on social media using @aileencooks.