Make these dippable and flavor-filled cinnamon French toast sticks for breakfast today! This easy French toast sticks recipe is the best combination of cinnamon and brown sugar. It is perfect for a special Sunday morning breakfast or for a fun brunch.
I love French toast sticks and the addition of cinnamon to this recipe makes them taste extra special! We love serving them for Sunday breakfast (and leftovers on Monday before school) but have also served them in cups of maple syrup for a bridal shower brunch. They can definitely be dressed up if you want to serve them that way!
I had a little helper with me who did most of the work for this recipe! She is 3 years old and just loves helping her mama in the kitchen. If you have a little one who likes to help, you may want to check out our other cooking with kids posts.
French Toast Sticks Ingredients
This simple recipe is made with just a handful of ingredients:
- Country style white bread (you can also use brioche)
- warming spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves)
- brown sugar
How to make cinnamon French toast sticks?
- Start by cutting the bread into slices. We did 4 strips per slice.
- Whisk together egg, milk, spices, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Dip the strips of bread into the egg mixture. Turning to coat.
- Cook each side of the French toast sticks on a hot greased griddle. This is the one we have and love.
- If you have a smaller griddle (or pan on the stove), work in batches.
- Serve with maple syrup for dipping.
What to serve with cinnamon French toast?
We love serving this with fruit salad! Here are some yummy recipes to try:
- 4 slices country-style white bread
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- Cooking spray
- Maple syrup for serving
- Preheat a griddle over medium high heat or 350°F.
- Slice each piece of bread into 4 strips.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, brown sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Dip the bread strips into the egg mixture, flipping to coat both sides.
- Spray the griddle with cooking spray and place the dipped pieces of bread on the griddle.
- Cook for 3 minutes. Flip and cook for another 3 mintues.
- Work in batches, if needed.
- Serve with maple syrup and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 4 French toast sticks
Amount Per Serving Calories 398Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 187mgSodium 242mgCarbohydrates 77gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 2gSugar 55gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 10g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for cinnamon French toast sticks? Let us know what you thought with a rating (above) or comment (below). You can also tag us in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks and #aileencooks.