This filling blueberry baked oatmeal is a made with healthy rolled oats, blueberries, sliced bananas, and brown sugar. You are going to love this family-friendly baked oatmeal with blueberries recipe.
I love a good baked oatmeal. Not only are they family friendly, but it’s a great filling breakfast. It’s also freezer friendly. I usually make 2-3 batches at a time because it doesn’t take much more time and then I’m ready for an easy breakfast on those busy days.
One batch of blueberry baked oatmeal feeds me and my three kids two times, which I love. My kiddos are still young, so it may not stretch as far if you are feeding all adults or teenagers.
How to make blueberry baked oatmeal?
- Start by arranging sliced bananas at the bottom of a greased baking dish.
- Mix together rolled oats, eggs, milk, brown sugar, butter, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir until rolled oats are fully coated.
- Fold in some blueberries.
- Spread the oatmeal mixture over the sliced bananas and top with additional blueberries.
- Bake at 350ºF for 23-25 minutes.
- Serve with milk, if desired.
Can I make baked oatmeal with frozen blueberries?
Yes, I regularly use frozen blueberries in my baked oatmeal. There is no need to defrost them. They will defrost quick enough in the oven. You can also use fresh blueberries in this recipe.
Can I substitute the milk for non-dairy milk?
Yes. You can use any type of milk when making this baked oatmeal recipe. It will work just fine with almond milk, soy milk, etc.
How to freeze baked oatmeal with blueberries?
- Prepare the blueberry baked oatmeal to the point of baking.
- Instead of baking, wrap it in two layers of foil.
- Use a permanent marker to write down the label, date, and reheating instructions on the foil.
- Freeze up to 3 months.
- When ready to eat, defrost the frozen baked oatmeal overnight in the refrigerator.
- Bake at 350º for 25-30 minutes, until hot and bubbly around the edges.
How long does blueberry baked oatmeal stay fresh?
3-5 days. Store any uneaten baked oatmeal in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
What to serve with baked oatmeal?
I love serving baked oatmeal with a little bit of milk. You can also serve it with a fresh fruit salad. Here are a few recipes:
- Winter Fruit Salad
- Triple Berry Fruit Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- Creamy Fruit Salad Recipe (Thanksgiving Fruit Salad)
- Honey Lime Fruit Salad
Save this recipe for later on Pinterest
More breakfast recipes:
- Cinnamon French Toast Sticks
- Healthy Morning Glory Muffins
- Freezer Friendly Ham & Egg Breakfast Sandwiches
- Ham Breakfast Burritos
This filling blueberry baked oatmeal is a made with healthy rolled oats, blueberries, sliced bananas, and brown sugar. You are going to love this family-friendly baked oatmeal recipe.
- 2 large bananas, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Arrange the sliced bananas at the bottom of the baking dish.
- Mix together the rolled oats, eggs, milk, brown sugar, butter, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium mixing bowl.
- Fold in 1/2 of the blueberries.
- Spread the oatmeal mixture over the sliced bananas and top with the remaining blueberries.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 23-25 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with milk, if desired.
To freeze: Prepare to the point of baking. Wrap in two layers of foil. Label and date the foil. Freeze up to 3 months. To reheat: defrost overnight in the refrigerator. Bake at 350°F for 25-35 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Baked oatmeal stays fresh in an air tight container and stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 364Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 79mgSodium 429mgCarbohydrates 51gFiber 5gSugar 24gProtein 7g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for blueberry baked oatmeal? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment.