You are going to be shocked when you see just how easy it is to make your own dark chocolate truffles at home! This decadent truffle recipe is made with just 3 ingredients and is flavored with dark chocolate’s favorite fruit – strawberry.
I have shared many chocolate dessert recipes on the blog over the years. Many are family friendly and/or geared toward kids. These dark chocolate truffles? They are all for you.
Strawberry Dark Chocolate Truffles
The are a decadent adult treat that’s perfect for an at-home date night. They make the perfect dessert for a dinner party and also make a wonderful gift
The best part? They are made with just 3 simple ingredients.
That’s it. That’s all you need to make your own strawberry dark chocolate truffles at home.
More chocolate dessert recipes
- Frosted Chocolate Chunk Brownies
- Instant Pot Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars From Scratch
- Homemade Peppermint Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 (10-ounce) packages dark chocolate chips
- 1 (1-ounce) package freeze dried strawberries, blended into a fine powder
- Heat heavy cream over medium heat in a small sauce pan.
- Bring the cream to a simmer, the remove from heat.
Pour one package of dark chocolate chips into a heat-safe bowl.
- Pour the heated cream over the top of the chocolate chips and allow to sit for five minutes.
- Stir the chocolate mixture until well combined, then add all but one tablespoon of the crushed strawberries. Stir to combine.
- Place the chocolate mixture in the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour.
- Heat the remaining chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until melted.
- Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, scoop out the chilled chocolate mixture and form into balls.
- Dip each ball in melted chocolate and top with a sprinkle of crushed strawberries.
- Allow the chocolate to cool and set before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 3 truffles
Amount Per Serving Calories 87Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 21mgSodium 6mgCarbohydrates 4gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 3gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 1g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for dark chocolate truffles? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment. You can also tag us in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks.