As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fudgy and decadent, these Nutella Brownies are a special treat! You are going to love what Nutella does to a classic brownie recipe that makes amazing!
Why has it taken me so long to discover Nutella? I had tried it in a baked good maybe once in the past, but hadn’t really discovered it (and started buying the jars in bulk) until this last pregnancy.
As soon as I discovered the giant two pack of Nutella jars at Costco, I have been thinking about recipe testing these fudgy Nutella brownies. (If you don’t have a Costco membership, you can also buy the large jars on Amazon)
I am so glad I finally made it happen! They are chewy, fudgy, and oh so chocolaty. Just be warned, you may have a problem saying no to seconds… and thirds.
My husband and I ate almost half of the pan of these yummy chocolate cookie bars before I had the chance to take pictures. I had to steal them away before they all disappeared. My poor kids didn’t get more than a couple of bites of these fudgy Nutella brownies.
Sorry kids – your parents both have a major sweet tooth. If you are looking for a frosted brownie recipe, try these frosted chocolate chunk brownies or our recipe for Instant Pot Brownies with Frosting. We also recommend our recipe for Christmas Puppy Chow and Soft and Chewy Snickerdoodle Bars.
Can you make Nutella Brownies ahead of time?
Yes. You can prepare the brownie batter up to 24 hours ahead of time. Simply store the batter in the fridge until you are ready to bake it. For the best results, I recommend letting the batter come to room temperature before baking.
Can you freeze Nutella Brownies?
Yes, Nutella Brownies are freezer friendly. Like bar cookies, I recommend flash freezing cooled Nutella Brownies on a cookie sheet (close together but not touching) for 1 hour. Then, you can transfer the frozen brownies into a freezer safe bag or container. Label and date the package so you know what it is when you are looking for it later. Nutella Brownies will last in the freezer up to 3 months.
What kind of pan do I use to bake Nutella Brownies?
I used a 9×9 square metal baking dish to make these brownies. If you plan on using a glass baking dish, decrease the oven temperature by 25 degrees as glass pans tend to cause more browning.
- Strawberry Nutella Turnovers
- S’mores Brownie Cups
- Apple Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Peach Cobbler
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
Nutella Brownies Recipe
- 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups Nutella
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease a square 8x8 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Combine the Nutella, eggs, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and fold in the Nutella until just combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix again.
- Pour the brownie batter into the greased baking dish and bake 25-30 minutes.
- Let the fudgy Nutella brownies cool before slicing.
Did you try this recipe for Nutella brownies? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment. You can also tag us in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks.