Make the perfect Valentine’s Day treat! Chocolate covered strawberry love birds are strawberries dipped in chocolate (of course) and then decorated with edible elements to make them into the cutest love birds ever!!
This Valentine’s Day treat is perfect for that special someone in your life, your kiddos, or as a special treat for yourself! They would also be great for Galentine’s Day!
More Valentine’s Day Treats
If you are looking for more Valentine’s Day treats, make sure to check out Dark Chocolate Truffles, Valentine’s Day Cookie Bars, Valentine’s Day Sugar Cookies, Easy Valentine’s Day Sprinkle Cookies, and this adorable heart-shaped Instant Pot Chocolate Cake.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
If you have never made your own chocolate covered strawberries, you may be surprised by just how simple they are to make! They are such a tasty treat that can really be made at any time of year, not just Valentine’s Day.
You can experiment with semi-sweet chocolate, dark chocolate, even white chocolate! I love that you can customize them by adding sprinkles, turning them into animals (as we have done here with the love birds), or drizzle a different colored chocolate on top. No matter how you make your chocolate covered strawberries, you are in for a treat!
How long do chocolate covered strawberries stay fresh?
They will stay fresh in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Although, I have never had them last longer than an hour or two!!
- 3/4 cup light chocolate candy melts
- 12 strawberries
- 24 candy eyeballs
- 36 heart sprinkles in red, pink and white
- Wash strawberries and pat them down to dry.
- Cut the leaves off of each strawberry, so it is flat on top.
- Place candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for 1 minute at 50% power. Stir, and heat in 30 second intervals (stirring each time), until fully metled and creamy.
- Insert a lollipop stick into the top of the cut strawberry, making sure not to push all the way through.
- Dip the strawberry into the melted chocolate candy, twisting to get chocolate all the way around the strawberry.
- Use a fork to lift up the strawberry while carefully removing the lollipop stick. Place the strawberries on a parchment-lined plate.
- Moving quickly, add two upside down heart sprinkles as the ears, followed by two candy eyeballs.
- Add another heart sprinkle as the beak, centered under the eyes.
- Repeat this process until all strawberries are dipped and decorated. Let set for around 2-3 minutes before serving.
If the chocolate has already hardened on the strawberry, dip the tip of a knife in the remaining melted chocolate, and add a tiny dab to the back of each eyeball or sprinkle to help them adhere.
The strawberries can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 2 strawberries
Amount Per Serving Calories 345Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 5mgSodium 27mgCarbohydrates 56gFiber 1gSugar 40gProtein 2g
Nutrition information is an estimate.