Easy Garlic Chicken
This simple and delicious recipe is my go-to chicken recipe. I serve it as is with a side of honey roasted carrots and blooming potatoes. I also use this recipe if I need cooked chicken for slow cooker chicken noodle soup or chicken and black bean casserole and haven’t cooked a whole chicken in a while.
Easy Garlic Chicken is easy to make – I just mix up the spices, rub them on the chicken breasts, and toss them in the oven. There aren’t any extra steps in this recipe, so it’s perfect on busy nights when you don’t have a lot of time or energy, but also want something healthy.
In this recipe, I call for 2 chicken breasts – which is perfect for my little family of four (without leftovers). It’s also the amount of chicken generally called for in most casseroles and soups. If you want to double or triple the recipe, just double or triple the spices. The cook time remains the same.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil and set aside.
- Mix together the garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Place your chicken breasts on the foil lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the spice mixture on to the chicken breasts and rub into the chicken.
- Flip the chicken over and rub the remaining spices into the chicken.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165.
- Serve whole or shred/dice to use in soups or casseroles. Once cooled, the cooked chicken can be frozen for up to 6 months.
Amount Per Serving Calories 200
How do you like to cook chicken?
Linked to Food and Fitness Friday