Whip up a batch of these honey roasted carrots. They are a simple and flavorful recipe using fresh carrots, honey, and olive oil. Make sure to check out our full list of cooking recipes for kids, too.
Carrots are one of my favorite vegetables. They are versatile, delicious, and bring back fond memories of childhood. If you haven’t tried roasted vegetables before, then you are in for a real treat. Once you start roasting your veggies, it may be hard to go back to steaming. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
I used green onions fresh from our garden today. They were so fresh – I can’t get enough of them! Don’t they look amazing?
This recipe is reminiscent of the carrots my grandmother made weekly, alongside her roast chicken. They are soft, chewy, and slightly sweet. The green onions add a delicious contrast, to the most decadent flavor of the carrots. This dish makes a great side for both beef and chicken and makes great leftovers.
What spices for roasted carrots?
Roasted carrots taste great with salt and pepper, plus a little bit of cumin.
What goes well with roasted carrots?
Roasted carrots taste great with both beef and chicken.
You can try serving it with sweet & spicy meatloaf
How to make honey roasted carrots
1. Slice carrots 1/2 inch thick. Start with fresh whole carrots. Wash them well and remove the tops. Then slice them into 1/2 inch rounds. We like to cut them at an angle for more surface area, as shown in the picture.
2. Toss in honey and oil. Mix carrots with olive oil, honey, and seasonings.
3. Place on a cookie sheet. Arrange carrots in a single layer on a foil-lined cookie sheet.
4. Roast at 425 for 30 minutes. Roast carrots in a 425-degree oven, stirring halfway through. Some parts of the carrots will blacken, which is normal.
5. Top with green onions. Toss honey roasted carrots with freshly sliced green onions and serve warm.
A delicious and hearty roasted carrot side dish - baked with just a bit of honey and olive oil. The honey roasted carrots should be fork tender when they come out. Don't be afraid of any blackened spots - that is where all of the flavor is hidden.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 119 Total Fat 7g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 6g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 332mg Carbohydrates 14g Fiber 4g Sugar 8g Protein 1g
A delicious and hearty roasted carrot side dish - baked with just a bit of honey and olive oil.
The honey roasted carrots should be fork tender when they come out. Don't be afraid of any blackened spots - that is where all of the flavor is hidden.