As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Brownie on the bottom and cheesecake on the top. Not to mention the extra layer of brownie, chocolate ganache, and whipped cream on top of that! You aren’t going to find a better combination than in this instant pot brownie cheesecake recipe!
This brownie bottom cheesecake is sure to be a favorite!
I love a good cheesecake. They’re decadent, creamy, and so satisfying. And there is something even more satisfying about making cheesecake in your instant pot. It makes this countertop appliance feel like a real super star.
This cheesecake is made with a simple boxed brownie mix and then topped with creamy cheesecake batter and more brownie mix. Once you cook and chill your cheesecake, you will top with a layer of chocolate ganache and whipped cream. Yum!!
More Cheesecake Recipes
How to make cheesecake in the instant pot?
If you haven’t made cheesecake in the instant pot before, there is not need to fret. Cooking cheesecake in a pressure cooker is very similar to baking it in the oven. The biggest difference is you won’t need to make a water bath because the water in the pressure cooker locks the moisture into the cheesecake.
To make cheesecake, you start with a cheesecake crust. In this case, we are using brownie batter. Next, you mix up a simple cheesecake batter and top it with more brownie mix.
Then, you just pressure cook the cheesecake for 35 minutes on high pressure with a natural release. After it’s finished cooking and cooling to room temperature, just chill it in the fridge overnight and you are good to go!
Save this recipe for later on Pinterest
Instant Pot Brownie Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 10.5-ounce package brownie mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 large eggs divided
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powder sugar
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Place a trivet and 1 1/2 cups water inside of the instant pot.
- Spray a (7-inch) cheesecake pan with cooking spray and line the base with a round of parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the brownie mix, canola oil, and 1 egg.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of the brownie batter.
- Pour the reamining brownie batter into the prepared springform pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the cream cheese and sugar, about 3 minutes. The batter should be smooth and creamy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time until combined.
- Beat in the sour cream, flour, and vanilla until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the cheesecake pan
- Pour the reserved brownie mix on top of the cheesecake and smooth it over the cheesecake batter with a butter knife.
- Gently tap the cheesecake pan on the countertop to release any air bubbles. If any air bubbles rise to the surface, gently pop them with the time of a fork. Repeat until no more air bubbles pop up on the top.
- Cover the cheesecake pan tightly with foil.
- Carefully lower the cheesecake into the pressure cooker.
- Close the lid and set the pressure release valve to sealing.
- Press the manual or pressure cooker button and set to 35 minutes on high pressure.
- Allow the pressure to naturally release.
- Carefully remove the cheesecake from the instant pot and let cool on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled to room temperature, refrigerate overnight or for atleast 8 hours.
- Prepare the chocolate ganache once the cheesecake is fully chilled.
- Heat the whipping cream in a small pot until lightly simmering.
- Place the chocolate chips in a glass bowl and pour the hot cream over them. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Whisk together the chocolate chips and whipping cream until smooth and the chocolate is melted.
- Spoon the ganache over the cheesecake and spread it evenly with a butter knife or angled spatula.
- Place into the fridge to harden, at least 1 hour.
- After chilling the cheesecake again, whip up the whipped cream.
- Place the 1/2 cup whipping cream and powder sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Whisk on high until stiff peaks form.
- Dollop the whipped cream onto the cheesecake or use a piping bag for a more uniform look.
- Sprinkle chocoalte chips over the whipped cream.
- Serve and enjoy!