Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake is a creamy and delicious instant pot pumpkin recipe that you won’t want to miss this Fall! We love how easy it is to make a delicious and crowd-pleasing pressure cooker pumpkin cheesecake in the instant pot! It is one of our very favorite instant pot dessert recipes for fall.
If you have never made cheesecake in the instant pot, you are in for a real treat! Not only is it easier than baking in the oven (goodbye pesky water bath) but it makes cheesecake so creamy and decadent.
I am a huge pumpkin dessert fan and have shared many over the years, including Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Fudge, Easy Pumpkin Roll Cupcakes, Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes, Pumpkin Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, Homemade Pumpkin Spice Creamer, and Soft Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Vanilla Glaze.
If you are looking for other instant pot cheesecake recipes, check out our recipes for Instant Pot Brownie Cheesecake, Instant Pot Nutella Cheesecake, Instant Pot Reeses Cheesecake and Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake.
Making Pumpkin Cheesecake in the Instant Pot
Pumpkin cheesecake in the instant pot may just be my favorite cheesecake I have made. The flavors in the pumpkin spice graham cracker crust enhance the overall pumpkin cheesecake flavor in the filling. The cheesecake itself was incredibly easy to make and the texture was so creamy.
I had to give half it away because I couldn’t trust myself to not eat it every day for breakfast or sneak in midday with a fork for a few bites. Although, I have been dreaming about this instant pot cheesecake ever since and will likely make it again this season.
How to make instant pot pumpkin cheesecake
- Start by whipping your cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Next, add pumpkin pie spice, eggs, sour cream, and pure pumpkin.
- Mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour into a chilled graham cracker crust inside of a cheesecake pan.
- Cover cheesecake with a paper towel.
- Cover pan and paper towel tightly with foil and lower into instant pot filled with 1 1/2 cups water.
- Cook on high pressure for 40 minutes.
I am including some FAQs on cheesecake making below. Feel free to skim over them and read anything that is pertinent to your situation. The full printable recipe is at the bottom of this post.
How do you know when your cheesecake is ready?
When you take your cheesecake out of the Instant Pot, give it a little jiggle. It should be firm but still slightly wiggly in the center. The center will firm up as it cools and sets. Do not stick anything into your cheesecake (like a toothpick or knife).
What if my instant pot pumpkin cheesecake isn’t ready when I take it out?
If you take your cheesecake out of the instant pot, give it the wiggle test (see above), and it is jiggly everywhere, then put it back into the instant pot to cook for an additional 10 minutes. Repeat the same natural pressure release and chill. Remember that you do not want to overcook your cheesecake, it will continue to set as it chills.
What happens if I put an extra egg in cheesecake?
Adding extra eggs in cheesecakes makes them extra smooth and creamy. In this recipe for instant pot pumpkin cheesecake, we add an extra egg yolk, which improves the overall texture of the cheesecake. It comes out velvety smooth.
How do you keep a cheesecake from cracking?
Cheesecakes crack from extra air being introduced into the batter when mixing. To prevent cracking, only mix the ingredients until they are just combined. Do not overmix them as it will force air into your batter, which will lead to cracks.
You can also tap your pan of cheesecake batter on the counter to force air bubbles out. They will come to the surface and you can pierce them with a toothpick or fork. Ultimately, cracks in your cheesecake don’t hurt anything. It will still taste delicious.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (8 rectangles)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease a 7-inch push pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Pour water into instant pot.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, light brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a bowl and stir.
- Slowly pour in melted butter and mix with a fork until the graham cracker mixture resembles wet sand.
- Press graham cracker mixture into the bottom and 1/4 of the way up the sides of prepared push pan.
- Place pan with crust in freezer while preparing pumpkin cheesecake filling.
- Put cream cheese in a large bowl. Mix using an electric mixer for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add pumpkin, granulated sugar, sour cream, eggs and egg yolk, 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla to bowl.
- Mix until fully combined.
- Pour cheesecake batter into chilled pan with graham cracker crust.
- Cover top of pan with a paper towel and then cover tightly with foil.
- Carefully lower the pan onto a trivet in the instant pot either using the trivet or a foil sling.
- Close lid and set pressure release valve to sealing.
- Press manual or pressure cook button and set to 40 minutes.
- Natural pressure release for 10 minutes and then quick release remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove pan from instant pot.
- Let cool at room temperature and then transfer to the fridge.
- Chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve topped with whipped cream, if desired.
Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake may be stored in the refrigerator up to 5 days and freezer up to 3 months.
If cheesecake comes out undercooked, add 10 minutes cook time and repeat the natural release. Keep in mind that an accuately cooked cheesecake will still be a bit jiggly in the center and will firm up as it sets.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 451Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 151mgSodium 295mgCarbohydrates 37gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 1gSugar 27gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 7g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for instant pot pumpkin cheesecake? Let us know what you thought below with a rating and comment. You can also tag us on social media using @aileencooks.