This recipe for Instant Pot cornbread comes out perfectly moist every time! It has a sweet cakey flavor and tastes great paired with soup or chili.
I love a good cornbread recipe and this cornbread made in the Instant Pot takes the cake. It’s moist and flavorful every time. I love making it in my bundt pan. It makes it extra festive and perfect for bringing to a barbeque or party.
How to make instant pot cornbread
Making cornbread in the instant pot is very similar to making it in the oven. The ingredients are the same but you want to make sure to cover the top of the bundt pan tightly with foil so extra water doesn’t get into the cornbread batter.
As mentioned above, I make my instant pot cornbread in a bundt pan. It cooks evenly with this method and comes out easy to slice. I purchased my bundt pan off of Amazon. It’s a smaller version than a traditional bundt pan, so keep that in mind if you are looking for a bundt pan in-store. You will need a 6 cup bundt pan if you want it to fit in a 6 quart Instant Pot.
Ingredients in instant pot cornbread
You can find the full recipe at the bottom of this post.
- all-purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- baking powder
- vegetable oil
There are so many ways to dress up cornbread! You can mix in sliced jalapenos and sharp cheddar cheese to make it extra spicy. Or add pepper jack and sharp cheddar cheese. If you don’t feel like messing with jalapenos, then throw in a can of diced green chiles. They will add some kick and you don’t’ have to deal with jalapeno oils on your fingers.
Any mix-ins can be added to the instant pot cornbread at the same time as the corn. You can also add some cheese after the cornbread comes out of the instant pot and let it melt under the broiler for a few minutes for an ooey-gooey cheesy cornbread.
Tips for making cornbread in a pressure cooker
Keep in mind that cooking cornbread under pressure adds a lot of moisture to the cooking area. This recipe recommends covering the bundt pan with a paper towel and then covering tightly with foil.
I also recommend this method with my instant pot double chocolate zucchini bread and instant pot banana bread because it keeps excess moisture out, which can change the way the cornbread cooks and could affect the outcome of your cornbread.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup water
- Pour 1 cup water into Instant Pot. Add trivet.
- Grease a (6-cup) bundt pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients and pour in the egg, milk, and vegetable oil.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined.
- Add in corn and mix until evenly distributed.
- Pour cornbread batter into bundt pan. Cover pan with a paper towel and then tightly with foil.
- Create a foil sling and carefully lower bundt pan into Instant Pot®.
- Close lid and set pressure release to sealing.
- Press manual or pressure cook button and set to 25 minutes.
- Allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes. Quick release remaining pressure.
- Let cool on a wire rack before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 633Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 34mgSodium 380mgCarbohydrates 107gFiber 2gSugar 67gProtein 7g