Say goodbye to dry banana bread forever! This instant pot banana bread comes out sweet, dense, and moist every time. We even include tips for converting your favorite banana bread recipe to a pressure cooker banana bread recipe. Look no further for the best instant pot banana bread recipe! You may also want to take a look at our full list of instant pot banana desserts while you are here.
I adapted my classic banana bread recipe and transformed it into this instant pot recipe. It was actually easier than anticipated. If you’re looking to branch out into making sweets in your instant pot (or already have and are looking for more recipes), than this instant pot banana bread recipe is for you! You may also want to try your hand at making yogurt. My cold-start method is easy enough for beginners.
This recipe is also featured in our new cookbook, The “I Love My Instant Pot” Affordable Meals Recipe Book. It includes 175 recipes that all cost $12 or less to make. The cookbook has a great variety of recipes including breakfasts, appetizers, soups, dinners, and desserts.
What pan to use for instant pot banana bread?
I used my Fat Daddio 7 inch push pan for this recipe. If you don’t yet have a cake pan for your instant pot than I highly recommend this pan. I also have a 6-inch springform pan, but I like that you can fit a little bit of a bigger pan inside the instant pot without the spring.
If you’re looking for more instant pot accessory recommendations, check out my instant pot gift guide. It’s a great list to get you started on all of the fun accessories available. This recipe requires you to make a foil sling to lower and raise your cake pan out of the instant pot.
Lucky for you, this is a really easy method. Plus, you can save the foil and reuse it again and again. If you haven’t made a foil sling before, check out our tutorial below along with a few other tips for making really tasty banana bread in the instant pot.
Tips for making banana bread in the instant pot
1. You will need to start with water in your instant pot (of course) and add a trivet.
2. Using a long piece of foil, fold in thirds lengthwise and place it on top of the trivet. You need this to remove your bread after it has cooked.
3. Once your batter is ready and in the pan, you will need to add a paper towel over top. This collects any moisture that might get into your pan.
4. Then, you will wrap the entire pan (paper towel and all) up with foil. I know this sounds like a lot of steps, but it is super quick and will ensure you have a moist (but not soggy) banana bread.
5. Once your pan is wrapped up and ready to go, place it into the pot with the foil sling peaking out on both sides.
How to Convert your Favorite Banana Bread Recipe to an Instant Pot Recipe?
- Converting a traditional banana bread recipe to an instant pot recipe is surprisingly easy. I have done it with this banana bread recipe and with a zucchini bread recipe with great success. Here is what you need to do:
- Take a recipe that makes one loaf of banana bread (or cut it in half if your recipe makes two loaves)
- Prepare the batter as you would for baking in the oven.
- Following the directions above for making banana bread in the Instant Pot, wrap up your bread and put it in your instant pot.
- Cook on high pressure for the same amount of time as you would in the oven
That’s it. The simple way to make your favorite banana bread recipe in the instant pot. Enjoy!
How long will banana bread keep?
Banana bread stays good for about 5 days. Any longer than that and you will want to freeze it.
How to freeze instant pot banana bread?
Wait for your banana bread to fully cool. Then decided if you want to freeze your banana bread whole or sliced. For sliced banana bread, you can wrap them individually in foil and freeze. Whole loaves of banana bread can also be wrapped in foil and frozen. We like to use two layers of foil. Make sure your foil is snuggly wrapped around the bread. It can be frozen up to 3 months. You can also freeze ripe bananas for future loaves of banana bread. Just check out our post on how to freeze bananas.
Other delicious instant pot recipes
What to serve with instant pot banana bread?
We love serving banana bread warm with a little bit of butter on top. You can also serve it slathered with instant pot peach jam or with a batch of creamy instant pot yogurt. We also love serving banana bread with a generous serving of fruit salad. Try our recipe for honey lime fruit salad or triple berry fruit salad with poppy seed dressing.
Say goodbye to dry banana bread forever! This instant pot banana bread comes out sweet, dense, and moist every time. We even include tips for converting your favorite banana bread recipe to a pressure cooker banana bread recipe. Look no further for the best instant pot banana bread recipe!
- 1 cup water
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup melted butter, cooled slightly
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup mashed banana (about three bananas)
- Place 1 cup water and trivet inside instant pot.
- Grease a 7-inch push pan with butter and flour and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugars, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, butter, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and mix in the wet ingredients, just until combined. The batter should still be lump with a few dry spots.
- Fold in the mashed banana.
- Pour the prepared batter into greased cake pan.
- Place a paper towel over the top of the pan and wrap the top of the pan tightly with foil.
- Use the trivet (if handles are long enough) or foil sling to lower pan into isntant pot.
- Close the lid and set the pressure release valve to sealing.
- Press the manual or pressure cook button and set to 65 minutes.
- Natural pressure release.
- Gently remove the pan and remove the paper towel and foil.
- Let the banana bread cool on a cooling rack.
- Remove from pan and serve.
- Store in the refrigerator up to three days.
Variations: Mix in 1/2 cup chopped strawberries, walnuts, or chocolate chips when adding the mashed banana.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Fat Daddio's PCC-73 Cheesecake Pan 7 x 3 Inch
- The "I Love My Instant Pot" Affordable Meals Recipe Book
- Lakatay 2-Pack Egg Steamer Rack Trivet for Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Accessories
- Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
Serving Size1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 548 Total Fat 22g Saturated Fat 13g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 7g Cholesterol 103mg Sodium 575mg Carbohydrates 84g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 3g Sugar 48g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 8g
I love a loaf of good pressure cooker banana bread. This instant pot banana bread was very different than any other banana bread recipe I had tried. I highly recommend trying it!