This post for Instant Pot Banana Bread contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Step out of your savory recipe comfort zone with this Instant Pot Banana Bread. Making banana bread in the instant pot electric pressure cooker makes this dense sweet bread perfectly moist.
I adapted my classic banana bread recipe and transformed it into this instant pot recipe. It was actually easier than anticipated. If you’re looking to branch out into making sweets in your instant pot (or already have and are looking for more recipes), than this instant pot banana bread recipe is for you!
I used my Fat Daddio 7 inch push pan for this recipe. If you don’t yet have a cake pan for your instant pot, than I highly recommend this pan. I also have a 6 inch spring form pan, but I like that you can fit a little bit of a bigger pan inside the instant pot without the spring. If you’re looking for more instant pot accessory recommendations, check out my instant pot gift guide. It’s a great list to get you started on all of the fun accessories available.
A few notes on the method of making instant pot banana bread:
You will need to start with water in your instant pot (of course) and add a trivet.
Using a long piece of foil, fold in thirds length wise and place it on top of the trivet. You need this to remove your bread after it has cooked.
Once your batter is ready and in the pan, you will need to add a paper towel over top. This collects any moisture that might get into your pan.
Then, you will wrap the entire pan (paper towel and all) up with foil. I know this sounds like a lot of steps, but it is super quick and will ensure you have a moist (but not soggy) banana bread.
Once your pan is wrapped up and ready to go, place it into the pot with the foil sling peaking out on both sides.
Instant Pot Banana Bread
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon)
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup melted butter cooled slightly
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or soured milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup smashed banana (about three bananas
- Aluminum Foil Paper Towels
- Special equipment: Instant Pot 6 quart 7 inch push pan, trivet
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugars, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, butter, milk, and vanilla.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and mix in the wet ingredients, just until combined. The batter should still be lump with a few dry spots.
- Fold in the mashed banana.
- Grease a 7 inch push pan with oil and flour.
- Pour the batter into the pan and gently place a paper towel over the pan.
- Wrap the pan tightly with foil.
- Pour 1 cup water in the bowl of your instant pot and place a trivet inside.
- Create a foil sling with a long piece of foil and place inside the pot on top of the trivet.
- Gently place the pan with the banana bread inside the instant pot, making sure the foil sling is sticking up on both sides.
- Close the lid and set to sealing.
- Set to manual - high pressure - 65 minutes.
- Natural pressure release.
- Gently remove the pan using the foil sling.
- Remove the foil and paper towel. Use a clean paper towel to gently blot up in additional moisture that may have accumulated on top of the banana bread.