Make your own restaurant style Chicken Lo Mein at home with our recipe for instant pot lo mein! It’s perfectly cooked noodles with chicken, mushrooms, snow peas, carrots, and all of the authentic flavors mixed in.
Keep reading to see how easy it is to make your own chicken lo mein at home in just 30 minutes! Make sure you also try our recipes for Instant Pot Orange Chicken (Panda Express Copycat), Instant Pot Pot Stickers, Instant Pot General Tso ChickenInstant Pot Chicken Fried Rice, and Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken.
If you love cooking in your instant pot then make sure you also pick up my cookbook, The “I Love My Instant Pot” Affordable Meals Recipe Book. It’s packed full of 175 family-friendly recipes that all cost $12 or less to make.
What is the difference between lo mein and chow mein?
Although these two tasty Chinese noodle dishes are very similar, the difference is in how the noodles are cooked. Lo Mein noodles tend to be boiled (as we are doing in the instant pot with this recipe) while chow mien noodles are fried – making them more crispy.
What kind of noodles are used for instant pot lo mein?
I used fettuccine in this recipe because it was what we had on hand. However, you can use Chinese egg noodles if you can get your hands on some. Either way, the pressure cook time stays the same.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 pound fettuccine, broken in half
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup carrot matchsticks
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- In this order: add sesame oil, chicken, mushrooms, garlic, chicken broth, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and fettuccine to the instant pot.
- Close the lid and set the pressure release valve to sealing.
- Press the manual or pressure cook button and set to high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Once the cooking is complete, quick release the pressure. Remove the lid.
- Whisk together the cornstarch and water in a small bowl then pour into cooked noodles.
- Stir to combine.
- Gently mix in the carrots, snow peas, and cabbage.
- Replace the lid and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
SteamMates Wraps Compatible with Instant Pot Accessories 6 qt | Customize Your Instant Pot with Different Designs | Fits InstaPot Duo 6 qt ONLY | Spring Floral Red Duo 6 Qt
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
The "I Love My Instant Pot" Affordable Meals Recipe Book
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 414Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 54mgSodium 932mgCarbohydrates 57gFiber 6gSugar 9gProtein 30g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Save this recipe for later on Pinterest.
Did you try this recipe for Instant Pot Lo Mein? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment!