Make delicious homemade pot stickers in your pressure cooker with this easy recipe for instant pot pot stickers! You aren’t going to believe just how easy these are to make!
Making pot stickers in the instant pot
I love, love, love pot stickers. I have shared several ways to make frozen pot stickers over the years, including how to make the best stove-top frozen pot stickers and how to air fry pot stickers. I thought it was about time to show you how to make instant pot pot stickers.
Instead of going the frozen pot sticker route this time, I decided to show you how to make your own homemade pot stickers in the instant pot. I hope you enjoy them!
If you don’t already have it, make sure to grab my cookbook The “I Love My Instant Pot” Affordable Meals Recipe Book.
What to serve with instant pot pot stickers?
- Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice (Better Than Take-Out!)
- Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe
- Easy Chicken Stir Fry
- Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken (Panda Express Copycat)
- Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken
Make delicious homemade pot stickers in your pressure cooker with this easy recipe for instant pot pot stickers! You aren't going to believe just how easy these are to make!
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5 Spice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 32 dumpling wrappers
- 1/3 cup water
- Additional soy sauce for serving
- Press the sauté button on the instant pot.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to the Instant pot.
- Add ginger and garlic.
- Cook for about 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Mix in the ground turkey, onion, carrots, soy sauce, Chinese 5 spice, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Stir constantly until turkey is cooked.
- Turn the instant pot off.
- Remove the mixture from the Instant Pot and place inside a blender or food processor.
- Pulse several times, until ingredients are well mixed and slightly clumpy.
- Begin filling dumpling wrappers by spooning 1 tablespoon of turkey mixture into the center of each wrapper.
- Use water to wet the outside edges of the wrapper and use your fingers to fold the wrapper into a taco shape and then bunch the edges together until it resembles a pot sticker.
- Continue with all of the filling and dumpling wrappers. Set the filled wrappers on a baking sheet.
- Clean out the inside of the instant pot.
- Press the saute button again and add the remianing 3 tablespoons oil. Wait until the instant pot says "HOT".
- Once hot, add the potstickers, flat side down in an even layer. You will need to work in batches.
- Cook the pot stickers for 1 minute, until browned on the bottom.
- Flip each potsticker and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Remove the browned pot stickers and set aside. Repeat until all pot stickers are browned.
- Add 1/3 cup of water to the insatnt pot and deglaze the bottom of the pot. Turn the instant pot off.
- Place the trivet inside the instant pot and put a steamer basket on top.
- Place all of the potstickers in the steamer basket, stacked up on top of each other.
- Close the lid and set the pressure release valve to sealing.
- Press the manual or pressure cook button and set to 2 minutes on high pressure.
- Quick release pressure.
- Once all pressure is released, remove the lid and take out potstickers.
- Serve immeidatley with soy sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Spice Supreme oriental five spices, 3.5-oz. plastic shaker
The "I Love My Instant Pot" Affordable Meals Recipe Book
SteamMates Wraps Compatible with Instant Pot Accessories 6 qt | Customize Your Instant Pot with Different Designs | Fits InstaPot Duo 6 qt ONLY | Spring Floral Red Duo 6 Qt
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
Serving Sizepot stickers
Amount Per Serving Calories 574Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 80mgSodium 1506mgCarbohydrates 54gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 27g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Save this recipe for later on Pinterest.
Did you try this recipe for instant pot pot stickers? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment. You can also tag us in your recipe creations on social media using #aileencooks and @aileencooks.