Make this better-than-takeout instant pot orange chicken recipe for dinner tonight! You are going to love the flavor-filled sauce we use on this tasty Chinese chicken recipe.
I love Chinese take-out. They offer so much flavor in all of their dishes and one of my favorite family-friendly dishes in orange chicken. It’s lightly breaded chicken cooked in an amazing orange sauce that has kids and adults satisfied.
Copycat Panda Express Orange Chicken
This recipe is inspired by the famous Orange Chicken at Panda Express. Why not try both and let us know what you think!
Ordering Chinese isn’t always in the budget and sometimes I like trying my hand at remaking Chinese food dishes at home. Which brings me to this recipe for instant pot orange chicken.
It’s easy enough to make in your pressure cooker and won’t leave you missing your favorite take-out place, at all!
More asian-inspired recipes
- Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
- Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
- The best way to cook frozen potstickers
- Easy Chicken Stir Fry
- Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Instant Pot General Tso’s Chicken
What to serve with instant pot orange chicken?
We love serving orange chicken over a bed of steamed brown rice. You can also serve it with a simple steamed vegetable like green beans.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Orange Zest
- In a small bowl add your 2 eggs and whisk.
- In a separate bowl add your flour and cornstarch. Mix to combine.
- Pat chicken dry with a paper towel.
- Dip the chicken chunks into the whisked eggs and then into the flour mixture.Shake off to the excess and set to the side.
- Repeat until all chicken is coated.
- Press Sauté on the Instant Pot.
- Wait for the Instant Pot indicator to read HOT. Pour in the oil.
- Add the chicken and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip and cook an additonal 2-3 minutes, until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Deglaze the bottom of the pot with 1 cup orange juice and scrape off any food stuck of the pot with a wooden spoon.
- Mix in the ginger, garlic, vinegar, granulated sugar, brown sugar, soy sauce, sriracha, and red pepper.
- Add the chicken and toss until it is coated in the sauce.
- Close the lid and set the pressure release valve to sealing.
- Press the manual or pressure cook button and set to 5 minutes on high pressure.
- Natural pressure release for 10 minutes. Quick release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid.
- Press the sauté button again.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons orange juice. Whisk well, until no longer lumpy.
- Pour the mixture into the instant pot and gently stir to combine.
- Let the sauce simmer for 3 minutes.
- Turn the instant pot off.
- Allow the chicken to thicken for 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice and garnish with fresh chopped green onions and orange zest.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The "I Love My Instant Pot" Affordable Meals Recipe Book
SteamMates Wraps Compatible with Instant Pot Accessories 6 qt | Customize Your Instant Pot with Different Designs | Fits InstaPot Duo 6 qt ONLY | Spring Floral Red Duo 6 Qt
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 cup chicken
Amount Per Serving Calories 680Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 191mgSodium 1379mgCarbohydrates 85gFiber 2gSugar 46gProtein 55g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Save this recipe for later on Pinterest.
Did you try this recipe for Instant Pot Orange Chicken? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment. You can also tag us in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks and #aileencooks.