Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta is a creamy and cheesy bacon ranch chicken pasta that is sure to be a hit with your family! Check out our full list of instant pot pasta recipes, too!
I love making pasta in the instant pot! Over the years, I have shared recipes for Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta, Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs, and Loaded Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese Recipe. A favorite chicken recipe is Instant Pot Chicken and Vegetables.
Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta Recipe
I thought I loved my instant pot crack chicken recipe but this crack chicken pasta recipe is my new favorite! It is so filling and packed full of flavor! Plus, I love that it cooks in just 4 minutes and the creamy cheesy sauce is super easy to make.
How to make instant pot crack chicken pasta?
- Combine pasta, broth, water, chicken, and ranch seasoning inside of your pressure cooker and mix.
- Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure.
- Mix in shredded cheese and cubed cream cheese.
- Stir until cheese is fully mixed.
- Let sit for 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Mix in bacon and serve.
Can I use frozen chicken to make crack chicken pasta?
No. Unfortunately, the cook time for this recipe is not long enough to cook frozen chicken. I have seen other recipes that say the chicken will defrost before the pot comes to pressure but I do not believe that to be true.
I have tested many recipes with raw and frozen chicken and have found extra time needs to be added in order for the chicken to cook thoroughly. Either way, 4 minutes just is not long enough to cook chicken, so it will need to be cooked before cooking the pasta.
If you want to use frozen chicken in this instant pot crack chicken pasta recipe, follow this recipe for instant pot pulled chicken (omit the barbecue sauce) and then add it into the pot and follow the recipe as described. For other instant pot recipes using frozen chicken, check out our post on instant pot frozen chicken recipes.
Can I use raw chicken and/or bacon in this crack chicken pasta recipe?
- Yes. Before following the recipe, set your pressure cooker to sauté.
- Add in the chicken and bacon (if only using chicken, include 2 tablespoons olive oil).
- Cook chicken and bacon until browned, about 7-10 minutes.
- Drain the bacon grease and pour in the chicken broth to deglaze the bottom of the pot.
- Follow the rest of the recipe as directed.
What to serve with instant pot crack chicken pasta?
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 pound medium tube-shaped pasta, like penne
- 1 ranch seasoning packet
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups Mexican-style shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- Combine chicken broth, water, chicken, pasta, ranch seasoning, salt, and pepper in instant pot. Stir.
- Close lid and set pressure release valve to sealing.
- Press the manual or pressure cook button and set to 4 minutes.
- Once cooking is complte, quick release the pressure release valve.
- Remove the lid and mix in the cream cheese and shredded cheese.
- Stir until the cheese is melted.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, until sauce is thickened.
- Mix in bacon.
- Serve, topped with additional shredded cheese and bacon, if desired.
Variation: Recipe may be made with cooked turkey.
Note: To make this recipe with raw chicken and raw bacon, press the saute button and cook chicken and bacon together until cooked thoroughly, aproximately 10 minutes. Turn the instant pot off and deglaze the bottom of the pot with the chicken broth before adding the rest of the ingredients.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The "I Love My Instant Pot" Affordable Meals Recipe Book
SteamMates Wraps Compatible with Instant Pot Accessories 6 qt | Customize Your Instant Pot with Different Designs | Fits InstaPot Duo 6 qt ONLY | Spring Floral Red Duo 6 Qt
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1/6 of dish
Amount Per Serving Calories 509Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 118mgSodium 1712mgCarbohydrates 19gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 1gSugar 3gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 27g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for instant pot crack chicken pasta? Let us know what you thought with a raiting or comment!