Make this flavorful instant pot chicken pasta with peas, asparagus, and spicy chipotle sauce! This instant pot creamy chicken pasta packs a punch and is sure to have you coming back for seconds!
I love cooking pasta in my instant pot! Not only is it such a simple thing to make in the instant pot, that takes very little hands on time, but it’s easy to customize it and dress it up to make it into the pasta your dreams!
Instant pot chicken pasta
That’s what this chipotle chicken pasta is about. We make a sweet and spicy cream sauce using the juice from a can of adobo peppers, honey, spices, and heavy cream. You mix it in with some chicken, asparagus, and peas, and it becomes a complete, one-pot meal!
Keep in mind that the sauce from the adobo peppers is quite spicy. So, if you aren’t a huge fan of spice (or have little ones that don’t love it), you may want to cut back on it a bit. But if you are like me, and can’t get enough, you are going to love this instant pot pasta recipe!
And to keep you coming back for more, make sure you try our recipes for Pressure Cooker Baked Ziti, Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta, and Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta. You should also order my instant pot cookbook, if you haven’t yet. It has 175 recipes that cost $12 or less to make.
What to serve with chicken pasta in the instant pot?
This dish really is a one pot dinner. However, if you want to stretch it to feed more people, serve it with one or two of these tasty recipes:
- Winter Salad
- Freezer Friendly Parker House Rolls Recipe
- Honey Lime Fruit Salad
- Whole Wheat French Bread
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast cut into (1-inch) chunks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (16-ounce) box penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons chipotle pepper sauce from canned adobo peppers
- 1 pound fresh thin asparagus, chopped into quarters
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Combine chicken, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Stir and set aside.
- Press saute button on instant pot and then press less.
- Add butter to instant pot and melt.
- Mix in bell peppers and onions and cook until just translucent.
- Add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Remove pepper mixture and set aside.
- Add olive oil and chicken to instant pot. Cook until chicken is browned, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in the honey and stir, cooking an additional 5 seconds.
- Remove the chicken mixture and set aside.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the Instant pot and deglaze the bottom of the pot. Make sure there isn't any food stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Add penne pasta, chipotle pepper sauce, chopped asparagus, and peas to instant pot. Do not stir.
- Close the lid and set the pressure release valve to sealing.
- Press the manual or pressure cook button and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Quick release pressure.
- Open the pot, and whisk in the heavy cream and parmesan cheese until fully combined and cheese is melted.
- Press the saute button. Mix in pepper mixture and chicken.
- Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Top with cilantro and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The "I Love My Instant Pot" Affordable Meals Recipe Book
SteamMates Wraps Compatible with Instant Pot Accessories 6 qt | Customize Your Instant Pot with Different Designs | Fits InstaPot Duo 6 qt ONLY | Spring Floral Red Duo 6 Qt
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 1/2 cups
Amount Per Serving Calories 667Total Fat 47gSaturated Fat 27gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 154mgSodium 963mgCarbohydrates 34gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 4gSugar 18gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 31g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Save this recipe for later on Pinterest.
Did you try this recipe for instant pot chicken pasta? Let us know what you thought with a rating and review (above).