Instant pot cheesy taco pasta is packed full of zesty taco flavor, ground beef, fun shell-shaped pasta, and topped with melted cheese!
Two reasons to love cooking pasta in your instant pot
- Making Instant Pot Pasta means you only dirty one pot – the pasta, sauce, and meat all cook in the same pot!
- The cook time for the pasta is cut in half. Sure, it still has to come to pressure – but you would be waiting for that water to boil anyway. It really does save a little bit of time and on busy nights, I will take any extra time I can get.
Ingredients in Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta
(printable recipe is below)
How to make cheesy taco pasta
- Set the Instant Pot to saute.
- Pour in ground beef and chopped onion.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the beef is browned.
- Turn off your instant pot and drain the fat from the pot.
- Pour in the beef broth and stir to deglaze the bottom of the pot. (Make sure there is no food stuck to the bottom of the pot or it will not pressurize.)
- Mix in the diced tomatoes, diced chilies, taco seasoning, and pasta.
- Close the lid and set to sealing.
- Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Quick Pressure Release (QPR).
- Remove the lid and mix in the cheese prior to serving the instant pot cheesy taco pasta.
Variations of instant pot taco pasta
No cheese, no problem: If you are dairy-free, feel free to omit the cheese. This recipe for instant pot taco pasta is still packed with flavor without the cheese.
Meat options: This recipe can be adapted to use whatever you have on hand. Ground turkey will work perfectly because the taco seasoning does a great job of making either meat taste great. You can also substitute chicken. Simply dice the chicken up into small pieces and brown as you would the ground beef, just add a bit of oil to the pan first.
You may also like: taco stuffed shells
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 753 Total Fat: 41g Saturated Fat: 19g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 162mg Sodium: 1577mg Carbohydrates: 39g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 4g Protein: 52g