Best Rotel Cheese Dip
Whip up a batch of this tasty Rotel cheese dip for your next party. With just 3 ingredients, you will be amazed by how flavorful and delicious it comes out!
That’s mainly thanks to the Rotel. There really isn’t a substitution for these zesty tomatoes and green chilies. I love this dip because not only is a total crowd pleaser, but it is really, really easy. It’s all made in one pot and is ready in about 15 minutes.
If you want to keep it warm, I recommend transferring the Rotel Dip to your slow cooker on the keep warm setting. Cover it with the lid and place a ladle next to it. That way, people can serve themselves some chips and dip and it will stay the perfect temperature.
–>Sign up for our Newsletter<–
What is in Rotel cheese dip?
We make our Rotel Dip with Velveeta, Rotel, and ground pork sausage. Rotel cheese dip can also be made with just Rotel and Velveeta.
How do you make Rotel dip from scratch?
- Start by browning the sausage.
- Once browned, drain the fat and mix in the Rotel and Velveeta.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the Velveeta is fully melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
How long does Rotel cheese dip last?
This Rotel Dip will stay fresh for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. If the meat is omitted, it will last up to 4 days.
Can I substitute ground beef for ground sausage?
Yes, you can switch out the ground pork sausage for 1 pound ground beef. The directions stay the same.
More yummy appetizer recipes:
- Pear & Goat Cheese Appetizers
- Air Fryer Pickles with Tangy Dipping Sauce
- Slow Cooker Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Pulled Pork Nachos
Rotel Cheese Dip Recipe
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 32-ounce package Velveeta Cheese, cubed
- 1 10-ounce can Rotel
- Tortilla Chips for serving
- Gather all ingredients
- Brown sausage in a pan over medium high heat.
- Once sausage is browned, drain the fat.
- Add the Rotel and Velveeta to the browned sausage.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat, about 5 minutes.
- The dip is ready when the velveeta is fully melted.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Did you try this recipe for Rotel cheese dip? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment.