Spaghetti Aglio e Olio is a traditional Italian Pasta dish from Naples. The basic dish is filled with lots of fresh garlic and red pepper flakes sauted in olive oil and tossed with spaghetti. In this version from Don’t Give a Fork, they have added in ham, parsley, and sage.
This recipe from Spaghetti Aglio e Olio with Ham turned out deliciously. It was easy to make (taking just 20 minutes) and made everyone happy – even my kids! I was worried the red pepper flakes would make the dish too spicy for them, but they both gobbled it up. I guess they have gotten used to eating new dishes often since their mommy is a food blogger and I don’t make separate meals. 🙂
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out Don’t Give a Fork’s other recipes. She has some really yummy and creative recipes on her blog that I’m sure you will love!
A quick and easy 30 minute pasta dish, perfect for busy weeknights.
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- To make this dish, start with a salted pot of boiling water. Cook your pasta according to package directions. I used whole wheat pasta, so they cook time may differ if you use traditional pasta.
- Once your pasta is about 1/2 done cooking, heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet and toss in your minced garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Cook and stir until the garlic is fragrant and slightly caramelized. Mix in the dried sage and parsley flakes. Cook for an additional 30 seconds and turn off the heat.
- Drain your pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Mix the pasta, pasta water, salt, and pepper into the garlic infused olive oil.
- Serve hot.
Amount Per Serving Calories 200
- Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Taco Stuffed Shells
- Fettuccini Alfredo with Garlic Roasted Broccoli
- Roasted Garlic Three Cheese Lasagna
- Italian Sausage Stuffed Shells
Recipe Source: Slightly adapted from Don’t Give a Fork