As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Roasted broccoli with garlic is an easy and flavorful way to make garlic in the oven. The broccoli comes to perfectly crispy while the roasted garlic comes out mild and sweet.
This recipe for roasted broccoli with garlic has been my go-to for several years now. It’s easy enough that both my husband and I can toss it together without a recipe and our kids are so used to seeing it on their plates that they will occasionally even eat the garlic.
I love it because roasted broccoli with garlic tastes so much better than steamed broccoli. There were many years in my marriage where we ate steamed broccoli multiple times a week because it was my husband’s favorite vegetable.
I don’t think we have steamed our broccoli since we discovered roasting. Like roasted cauliflower, it adds a whole depth of flavor and texture that doesn’t even compare to steamed broccoli. (Update: we also love broccoli in our air fryer!)
Some of our other favorite vegetable recipes are Air Fryer Cauliflower, honey roasted carrots, roasted root vegetables, green beans with cartelized shallots, instant pot artichokes, and buttered carrots.
How to make roasted broccoli with garlic?
This roasted garlic recipe is so incredibly easy to make!
- Start by mixing together broccoli, whole peeled garlic cloves, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Spread out on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes until the broccoli is slightly black around the edges.
What to serve with roasted broccoli with garlic?
Roasted broccoli goes with so many things. Here are a few main dish ideas:
- Grilled fish
- Instant Pot Salmon with Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
- Tri Tip
- Creamy Pesto Chicken
- Fettuccine Alfredo with Garlic Roasted Broccoli
For a second side, we recommend:
Roasted Broccoli with Garlic Recipe
- 1 pound broccoli cut into florets
- 1 head garlic peeled
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the broccoli florets, garlic, olive, salt, and pepper until evenly coated.
- Spread the broccoli and garlic in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until garlic is browned and broccoli is slightly chared on the edges. Stir half way through.
- Serve hot.
Did you try this recipe for roasted broccoli with garlic? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment.