Someone once told me that Fettuccine Alfredo is basically just macaroni and cheese for adults. They are so right. Fettuccine Alfredo is one of the more decadent pasta dishes. It combines butter, cream, and Parmesan cheese to make an amazingly silky and flavorful sauce poured over satisfying pasta.
This Fettuccine Alfredo with Roasted Broccoli fits the bill of mac n cheese for grown-ups. It has a creamy white sauce mixed with chewy roasted broccoli with the extra touch of roasted garlic. This is also a perfect meal for Meatless Monday – it is very filling and satisfying.
Full Disclosure: The pasta pictured is actually linguine. They didn’t have fettuccine on the day I went to the store for this project, but I am still calling this fettuccine alfredo because it’s more recognizable. You can make this dish with any pasta you have on hand: spaghetti, angel hair, penne. Whatever you have will work.
A filling meatless meal made with a light alfredo sauce and topped with garlic roasted broccoli.
- 1 bunch of broccoli, washed and cut into small florets (about 2 cups)
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, divided
- 1 pound fettuccine or linguine pasta
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss the broccoli and garlic cloves in a bowl with the olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Arrange broccoli on a foil lined baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil on the stove. Add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Combine the butter and milk in a large skillet over medium high heat. Stir constantly until the butter is melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add it to the skillet with butter and milk.
- Reheat the skillet to medium high heat.
- Stirring constantly, mix the whipping cream and Parmesan cheese into the skillet with the pasta. Continue to stir and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, mix in the broccoli and remove from heat.
- Top with remaining 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 425
If you liked this recipe, sign up for my free mailing list to get new recipes sent straight to your inbox.