Sweet and tender buttered carrots tossed in a garlic butter sauce and sprinkled with parsley. This roasted baby carrots recipe is perfect when served with pork or chicken and is also great as a holiday side dish.
I love making carrots. Not only are they easy to make with so many delicious flavoring options like Air Fryer Carrots, honey roasted carrots and instant pot carrots with brown sugar glaze, but they are very kid friendly!
Buttered carrots are perfect for a regular Wednesday night paired with pork chops or slow cooker roast chicken yet are fancy and flavorful enough to serve at a holiday meal paired with instant pot ham.
How to make garlic buttered carrots?
- Place baby carrots in baking dish.
- In a small bowl add melted butter and garlic powder.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Pour butter mixture over carrots.
- Mix to coat evenly.
- Roast at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Stir and then roast for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
Can I use whole carrots instead of baby carrots?
Baby carrots save a bit of prep time since you don’t have to peel or chop them. However, you can absolutely use whole carrots in this buttered carrots recipe. It just takes a few more minutes of prep.
To use whole carrots, peel and cut them into 2-inch pieces. Then, follow the directions as outlined in the recipe. The cook time does not change.
What to serve with buttered carrots?
Buttered carrots go with so many things! Here are a few ideas:
- Pork tenderloin
- Baked Pesto chicken
- Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Green salad
- Blooming Potatoes (aka hasselback potatoes)
- Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 1 (16-ounce) bag baby carrots
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place baby carrots in a 2-quart baking dish.
- Combine butter and garlic in a small bowl.
- Whisk in salt and pepper.
- Pour butter mixture over carrots and toss to coat.
- Roast for 30 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Remove from oven, garnish with parsley and serve!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 120Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 31mgSodium 289mgCarbohydrates 4gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 1gSugar 1gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 1g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for garlic buttered carrots? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment! You can also tag us in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks.