We are sharing a simple way to cook instant pot butternut squash to be served as a side dish or made into soup.
I love this easy method for cooking butternut squash. It makes the skin incredibly easy to peel off and takes just a few minutes in my favorite kitchen power house, the instant pot. We are sharing this recipe on the same day as releasing our instant to butternut squash soup recipe. These recipes combined make the creamiest homemade butternut squash soup.
How do you cook butternut squash?
- The easiest way to cook butternut squash is in the instant pot.
- Simply place a quarter butternut squash in the pressure cooker on a trivet.
- Add about 1 cup of water.
- Cook on high pressure for 7 minutes with a natural pressure release.
- Remove the peels and seeds and serve.
That’s it. Easy peasy.
What to serve with instant pot butternut squash?
We love serving butternut squash with chicken or fish. Try some of these delicious recipes:
- Instant Pot Salmon with Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
- Tilapia Fish Cakes with Potato
- Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken
- 1 cup water
- 1 (5-pound) butternut squash, quartered
- Place water and trivet inside instant pot.
- Place quartered squash on top.
- Close the lid and set the pressure release valve to sealing.
- Press the manual or pressure cook button and set to 7 minutes.
- Natural pressure release.
- Remove the butternut squash from the instant pot.
- Remove the seeds and take off the peel.
- Serve or use in another recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
SteamMates Wraps Compatible with Instant Pot Accessories 6 qt | Customize Your Instant Pot with Different Designs | Fits InstaPot Duo 6 qt ONLY | Spring Floral Red Duo 6 Qt
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
The "I Love My Instant Pot" Affordable Meals Recipe Book
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1/6 squash
Amount Per Serving Calories 7Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 2mgCarbohydrates 1gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 1gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 0g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for instant pot butternut squash?