Whip up a batch of these Keto cauliflower mashed potatoes tonight! They are just as creamy as regular mashed potatoes with way less carbs! Make sure to check out our full list of easy cauliflower recipes, too!
If you aren’t familiar with Keto, it’s a low carb diet that is similar to the Atkins diet. My husband has been on it for several months now and has had success losing weight. Since I am the primary cook, I have had to find ways to feed him and my family. One of the recipes we have tried and loved are these creamy cauliflower mashed potatoes.
This recipe was just too good not to share! Plus, you don’t have to be following a low carb diet to make cauliflower mashed potatoes. They are a great way to sneak in extra veggies! All three of my kids did not know they weren’t mashed potatoes. Mommy win!
How do you make Keto cauliflower mashed potatoes creamy?
The trick to making this cauliflower mashed potato creamy is by blending it up with an immersion blender. It gives you that creamy consistency that tastes just like mashed potatoes. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can spoon them into a regular blender and blend them that way, too.
If you do want them to be lumpier, just mash them up with a potato masher and skip the blending all together. Either way, you will have a tasty cauliflower mash that tastes like mashed potatoes!
How to make Keto cauliflower mashed potatoes?
- Start with a large head of cauliflower.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Boil it in salted water for 10 minutes.
- Drain the water and mash up the cauliflower.
- Blend it until creamy with an immersion blender or a counter top blender.
- Fold in sour cream, parmesan cheese, dried parsley, butter, and salt.
- Mix until everything is combined and the butter is melted.
- Serve hot.
- Refrigerate any leftovers up to 3 days.
How many carbs are in cauliflower mashed potatoes?
This recipe for cauliflower mashed potatoes is 4 grams of net carbs per serving. The serving size is generous at 1 cup, so you cut it in half, if needed.
What to serve with mashed cauliflower?
We love serving cauliflower mashed potatoes with a good slice of steak. It’s also delicious when paired with creamy pesto chicken.
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place cauliflower florets in a large stock pot and cover with water and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and boil for 10 mintues.
- Remove from heat and drain water.
- Lightly mash cauliflower using a potato masher.
- Blend cauliflower until creamy using an immersion blender.
- Fold in parmesan cheese, sour cream, butter, parsley, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Mix until creamy and butter is melted.
- Serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 115Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 22mgSodium 478mgCarbohydrates 7gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 3gSugar 3gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 5g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for Keto cauliflower mashed potatoes? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment. You can also tag us in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks.