Make these flavor-packed air fryer carrots tonight! They come out crispy, fork tender, and smothered with herbs! Thank you to the California Fresh Carrot Advisory Board for sponsoring this post. Make sure to follow the @crunchcouncil on Instagram for more yummy recipes!
Why air fry carrots?
If you have not tried making vegetables in your air fryer – you are in for a huge treat! There are so many great vegetables you can air fry but carrots might be my favorite because they cook so much quicker in the air fryer.
Not only are they ready quickly, but they still have that soft, fork tender texture, with a slightly crispy outside – thanks to the air fryer!
I love a good carrot recipe. They make the perfect healthy side dish for my family. Here is why:
- They taste great
- Carrots are kid friendly
- Air fryer carrots are easy to make
Tips for making carrots in an air fryer
- To ensure your carrots cook evenly, I like to cut them all to about the same length and width. That means the thicker part of the carrot gets cut in half or even quarters.
- There is no need to peel your carrots. The outer skin will be perfectly cooked without taking the time to peel them.
- To save even more time, use baby carrots. The cook time stays the same.
- Use just a few tablespoons of oil. You want them to have a nice coating but don’t overdo it.
- Use lots of herbs and spices! The herbs really enhance the flavor of the carrots and can be switched up depending on your mood and what you have on hand.
What to serve with air fried carrots?
Carrots go with everything! We love serving them with everything from pork chops, to chicken, to meatloaf. Here are a few recipes for inspiration:
- 1 pound carrots
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Slice carrots into 2-inch rounds. Halve or quarter any thicker parts of the carrots to ensure all of the pieces are about the same size.
- Place the carrots in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle carrots with olive oil, parsley, oregano, salt, thyme, and black pepper.
- Toss carrots to coat evenly.
- Arrange carrots in the basket or tray of your air fryer in an even layer. Some overlap is okay.
- Air fry for 10 minutes, shaking half way through. Carrots are done when a fork can slide into the center of them easially.
- Serve and enjoy!
Air fryer cooktimes may vary. Keep an eye on the carrots as it may take 8-12 minutes to cook, depending on your air fryer model.
These carrots were cooked in a Cosori Max XL Air Fryer.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 131Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 0mgSodium 463mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 1g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for air fryer carrots? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment. You can also tag us in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks and #aileencooks.