Switch up pizza night with this easy and delicious homemade french bread pizza. It’s ready in under 30 minutes and will please the whole family!
You can use store-bought or homemade french bread for this recipe. Just make sure it’s a day or two old. This helps it come out nice and crispy.
Start by slicing and halving your loaf. Next, you will lightly toast the bread and rub it with a clove of garlic. The garlic ads a nice flavor and the toasting helps give it that french bread pizza crunch you are used to experiencing.
Then, you top it with your favorite pizza toppings. This recipe calls for traditional red sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. You can customize it however you like. The beauty of pizza is that the sky is the limit – you can add pesto, alfredo, olive oil, and top it with anything from fruit to an egg.
Pop it in the oven for a few minutes and you’re met with a crunchy, chewy, delicious french bread pizza. And if you want to get really fancy, you could make your french bread. It’s easier than you might think. Enjoy.
- 1 Loaf day old french bread
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 ounce pepperoni
- Set oven to broil.
- Slice french bread in half and lengthwise. Place on a foil lined cookie sheet and toast under the broiler 2-3 minutes. Watch the bread careful to ensure it does not burn.
- Working quickly, rub the garlic clove across the toasted surface of each piece of french bread.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread sauce, cheese, and pepperoni on each piece of french bread.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.