Switch up pizza night with this easy and delicious french bread pizza recipe. It’s ready in under 30 minutes and will please the whole family!
What bread to use with homemade french bread pizza?
You can use store-bought or homemade french bread for this recipe. Just make sure it’s a day or two old. This helps it come out nice and crispy.
French Bread Pizza Recipe
1.Start by slicing and halving your loaf.
2.Next, you will lightly toast the bread and rub it with a clove of garlic. The garlic adds a nice flavor and the toasting helps give it that french bread pizza crunch you are used to experiencing.
3.Then, you top it with your favorite pizza toppings. This recipe calls for traditional red sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. You can customize it however you like. The beauty of pizza is that the sky is the limit – you can add pesto, alfredo, olive oil, and top it with anything from fruit to an egg.
4. Bake the french bread pizza recipe for a ten minutes and you’re met with a crunchy, chewy, delicious french bread pizza.
If you want to get really fancy, you could make your own homemade french bread.
Can you freeze french bread pizza?
Yes. Prepare french bread pizza to the point of baking. Wrap in three layers of plastic wrap and label. Freeze up to three months. To cook: bake at 425 degrees for 15-18 minutes.
How to make french bread pizza not soggy?
The trick to making french bread pizza not soggy is to toast the bed before baking it as pizza. It’s also important to use french bread that is at least 1 day old.
How long to cook french bread pizza?
Cook french bread pizza at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. If frozen, increase time to 15 minutes.
What goes with french bread pizza?
The best thing to pair with this french bread pizza recipe is a simple green salad. If making this recipe for kids, i suggest serving it with this triple berry fruit salad with poppy seed dressing.
- 1 Loaf day old french bread
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 ounce pepperoni
- Set oven to broil.
- Slice french bread in half and lengthwise. Place on a foil lined cookie sheet and toast under the broiler 2-3 minutes. Watch the bread careful to ensure it does not burn.
- Working quickly, rub the garlic clove across the toasted surface of each piece of french bread.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread sauce, cheese, and pepperoni on each piece of french bread.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 439Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 21mgSodium 1075mgCarbohydrates 66gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 3gSugar 7gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 20g
Nutrition information is an estimate.