Instant Pot Pull Apart Pizza Bread is a twist on pizza is a fun appetizer made with pizza dough balls coated in seasoning and cheese that you can dip into pizza sauce. It’s a great instant pot recipe for sharing!
We love pizza around here and have shared recipes for pepperoni pull apart pizza bread, french bread pizza, homemade freezer pizzas, quick & easy pizza dough, and colorful pita pizzas. To say we love pizza might just be an understatement. We eat it every week in one form or another.
Testing the Instant Pot Pull Apart Pizza Bread Recipe
I had been experimenting with this recipe for some time now. I originally tried making it with the pizza sauce cooked in, but it just came out soggy and gross. Then I figured out the trick is to make the pizza bread like I do instant pot monkey bread and then serve it with pizza sauce for dipping.
Can I add toppings to this instant pot pizza bread recipe?
Yes, if you want to add something in like olives or small pepperoni, you can throw it in the bag when you toss the dough. Then cook as directed in the recipe.
Which bundt pan to use?
We make this pull apart pizza bread in a bundt pan. The one I use is a 6 cup bundt pan from Nordicware. This recipe also requires you make a foil sling. If you have not done that before, check out my instant pot banana bread recipe for more detailed instructions.
If you like this pizza bread recipe, you are going to love our Air Fryer Chicken Wings!
This twist on pizza is a fun appetizer made with pizza dough balls coated in seasoning and cheese that you can dip into pizza sauce. It’s great for sharing!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, chilled and divided
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- Spray a (6-cup) bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut 1/2 cup butter into small cubes and pour into dry ingredients.
- Use a fork to mix in the butter until dry ingredients are crumbly and about the size of peas.
- Slowly pour in 1 cup milk, mixing until a dough forms.
- Use your hands to knead the dough about 10 minutes, until smooth.
- Pour dough onto a lightly floured surface and pat into a (10-inch) round.
- Cut dough up into (1-inch) pieces and set aside.
- Combine Italian seasoning, chili powder, garlic powder, and Parmesan in a gallon sized zip top bag. Close bag and shake to mix.
- Pour cut pieces of dough into bag of spices.
- Gently knead bag until each piece of dough is coated in spice mixture.
- Remove dough pieces and arrange evenly in greased bundt pan.
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté. Pour in remaining 1/2 cup butter. Whisk for 1 minute, until butter is melted.
- Turn off Instant Pot. Pour butter over the top of pizza bread pieces in bundt pan.
- Remove cooking pot and clean it. Put it back inside Instant Pot.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water to Instant Pot and place a trivet inside Instant Pot.
- Cover bundt pan with a paper towel and foil. Crimp edges to discourage water from getting inside pan.
- Create a foil sling and carefully lower bundt pan into the Instant Pot.
- Close lid and set the pressure release to sealing.
- Press Manual or Pressure Cook button and adjust cook time to 21 minutes.
- Allow pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes and then quick release remaining pressure.
- Remove bundt pan using foil sling. Remove foil and paper towel from the top of pan and let cool on a rack for 5 minutes.
- Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1/6 of bread
Amount Per Serving Calories 570 Total Fat 37g Saturated Fat 23g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 11g Cholesterol 99mg Sodium 1156mg Carbohydrates 48g Fiber 2g Sugar 1g Protein 13g