Make cheesy and creamy Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup in under an hour with this easy to follow instant pot soup recipe. If you want to make it extra fancy, serve it in a homemade bread bowl!
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
The recipe I’m sharing today is based on this classic broccoli cheddar soup recipe and adapted for the instant pot. broccoli cheese soup in the pressure cooker is one of my absolute favorite meals. (You may also want to try it in the crockpot.)
Now that we’re approaching fall, I knew I wanted to get back to my soup-making habits and made this instant pot broccoli cheese soup as my first instant pot soup recipe of the season. You might want to try making your own instant pot chicken stock, too!
If you love soup as much as we do, you may want to try our recipes for Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup, pressure cooker vegetable beef soup, instant pot chicken and dumplings, Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup, Creamy Cheesy Potato Soup, and Loaded Instant Pot Potato Soup.
Bonus Bread Bowl Recipe
If you want to really kick this meal up a notch, serve it in a bread bowl.
What do you do when cheese clumps in soup?
To prevent from cheese from clumping in this instant pot broccoli cheese soup recipe, slowly mix in the cheese, stirring after each addition.
How do you thicken soup in instant pot?
Make a cornstarch slurry with 3 tablespoons cold water mixed with 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed together. Whisk the slurry into the soup and let simmer on saute until thickened.
Can u freeze broccoli cheddar soup?
Yes. Broccoli cheese soup makes a wonderful freezer meal. Freeze it in a large container for a future dinner or in individual containers for easy lunches.
How long will Broccoli Cheese Soup last in the fridge?
Broccoli cheese soup lasts 3-4 days in the fridge. If you want to store it longer than 4 days, place it in the freezer in a freezer safe container.
How do you reheat broccoli cheddar soup?
You can reheat broccoli cheese soup on the stove top over low heat. It can also be reheated in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until heated through.
Other instant pot soup recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
- Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Vegetable Soup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour, any type will work
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 bunches broccoli, stems removed
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- Set Instant Pot to saute.
- Add butter and melt.
- Once butter is fully melted, whisk in the flour. Continue to whisk until the flour has browned and the butter and flour are fully combine.
- Slowly add in the chicken broth, whisking constantly.
- Mix in the broccoli, carrots, onion, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Close lid and set to sealing.
- Program instant pot to soup for 10 minutes.
- Natural pressure release for 15 minutes.
- Removed lid and pour in the half and half and milk.
- Blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Fold in the shredded sharp cheddar and mix until melted.
- Serve in a bread bowl with additional cheese sprinkled on top, if desired.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 895Total Fat 70gSaturated Fat 41gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 210mgSodium 2106mgCarbohydrates 22gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 2gSugar 11gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 44g
Nutrition information is an estimate.