This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Make cheesy and creamy Broccoli Cheddar Soup in your Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker in under an hour with this easy to follow recipe. This instant pot broccoli cheese soup is filled with healthy broccoli, carrots, chicken stock, and delicious sharp cheddar.
The recipe I’m sharing today is based on this classic broccoli cheddar soup recipe and adapted for the instant pot. Broccoli Cheese Soup is one of my absolute favorite meals. Now that we’re approaching fall, I knew I wanted to get back to my soup-making habits and made this instant pot broccoli cheese soup as my first soup of the season.
Serve it in a bread bowl and you’ll be set with a delicious and filling meal.
Special Equipment Used:
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
Creamy and flavorful broccoli cheese soup made in the Instant Pot electric pressure cooker.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour any type will work
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 bunches broccoli stems removed
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- Set Instant Pot to saute.
- Add butter and melt.
- Once butter is fully melted, whisk in the flour. Continue to whisk until the flour has browned and the butter and flour are fully combine.
- Slowly add in the chicken broth, whisking constantly.
- Mix in the broccoli, carrots, onion, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
Close lid and set to sealing.
- Program instant pot to soup for 10 minutes.
Natural pressure release for 15 minutes.
- Removed lid and pour in the half and half and milk.
- Blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Fold in the shredded sharp cheddar and mix until melted.
- Serve in a bread bowl with additional cheese sprinkled on top, if desired.