Are you looking for a kid-friendly pizza recipe? Try this pull-apart pizza bread. Then check out our full list of cooking recipes for kids.
I made this pull-apart pizza bread with my middle daughter the other day and it was so fun and yummy! The base of this bread is biscuit dough, so there is no rise time involved, making it a perfect weeknight meal.
How to make pull-apart pizza bread
Start by mixing up a double batch of biscuit dough.
Once the dough is ready, cut it into 2 inch pieces.
Mix it up with marinara sauce, cheese, pepperoni, and spices.
Spread it into a greased casserole dish.
Top with more cheese and toppings.
Bake until golden brown and the biscuits are cooked thoroughly.
If you have an instant pot, you might want to try our recipe for instant pot pull-apart pizza bread, too!
Switch up pizza night with this fun and kid-friendly pull apart pizza bread.
- 5 cups flour
- 8 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- 2 cups cold milk
- 32 ounce jar pasta sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella, divided
- 1 cup pepperoni, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can sliced black olives, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9 inch casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the cubed butter and mix together with a fork until the flour turns course and resembles peas.
- Slowly mix in the cold milk until a dough forms.
- Pour out the dough onto a floured surface and knead 8-10 times.
- Roll out the dough and cut it into 2 inch pieces.
- Toss the dough with the pasta sauce, 1 cup mozzarella, 1/2 cup pepperoni, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Spread the pizza dough evenly into the greased cookie sheet and top with the remaining mozzarella, pepperoni, black olives, and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until fully set. The dough will be firm to the touch in the center. If it is still squishy, give it a few more minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 763
- Sloppy Joe Pockets
- Three Cheese Baked Spaghetti
- Italian Sausage Stuffed Shells
- Sweet and Spicy Meatloaf
- Taco Stuffed Shells
Did you try this recipe for pull-apart pizza bread? Did your kids make it? Leave us a comment below and let us know how it turned out! You can also tag us on social media @aileencooks for a shout-out!