It’s peach season! Whip up a batch of this delicious homemade iced peach tea using fresh peaches and your favorite tea! This is the perfect sweet tea recipe using fresh summer fruit!
I love a refreshing iced tea – especially in the warm summer months! This peach iced tea takes it to the next level by using fresh peaches to create a delicious syrup. I love, love, love cooking with peaches around this time of year.
I buy peaches by the box load as soon as they are available. My kids and I will eat at least 1 a day (each) and then we love turning them into things like air fryer peach hand pies, iced tea, peach cobbler, and Peach Jam. If you would rather try your hand at making sun tea, you could try our recipe for sun tea and use peaches instead of nectarines. Yum!
More summer recipes:
- 80 Best Zucchini Recipes for Every Taste
- The Best Plum Crisp Recipe (Sweet and Tart at the Same Time)
- Instant Pot Apricot Jam
How to make iced peach tea?
- Start by combining peeled peach chunks, water, and sugar in a pot on the stove.
- Bring to a soft boil, cover, and cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Once the peaches are soft and falling apart, strain them using a fine mesh sieve over a mixing bowl. The juice in the bottom of the bowl is your peach syrup.
- Discard or save the peaches for another use.
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, remove from heat and add 3 family-sized tea bags.
- Cover and let steep for 12 minutes. Remove and discard the tea bags.
- Mix the tea and peach syrup in a gallon sized iced tea pitcher. Mix in water, 1 cup at a time, until you reach the desired sweetness. You will want to taste-test the tea after each cup of water.
- Once you have the sweetness you want, place the pitcher of iced peach tea in the refrigerator to chill overnight.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
Can I make it unsweetened?
Yes. If you prefer making an unsweet iced tea, you can cook down the peaches and omit the sugar.
Can I substitute the sugar for something else?
Yes. You can substitute the sugar for something like Splenda or another artificial sweetener. Keep in mind that the sweetness level of these products varies, so you should taste as you go.
Also keep in mind that the peach syrup you are creating will be sweeter than the actual tea as you will be mixing it with brewed tea and water. It may take a little trial and error to figure out the level of sweetness you want with sugar substitutes.
What kind of tea should I use?
We like using family-sized black tea bags. Lipton makes iced tea bags that work well. I don’t recommend using a flavored tea bag as it may clash with the fresh peach flavor. If you want a decaffeinated iced, just use a decaffeinated tea bag. Note that black tea has caffeine in it and herbal tea does not.
How long peach iced tea stay fresh?
7-10 days. Homemade iced tea should be store in the refrigerator and will stay fresh for 7-10 days.
Save this recipe for later on Pinterest
It's peach season! Whip up a batch of this delicious homemade iced peach tea using fresh peaches and your favorite tea! This is the perfect sweet tea recipe using fresh summer fruit! Serving amounts vary, depending on how much water is added. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Nutrition information is an estimate.
Serving Size 8 ounces
Amount Per Serving Calories 122Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 101mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 1gSugar 31gProtein 0g
It's peach season! Whip up a batch of this delicious homemade iced peach tea using fresh peaches and your favorite tea! This is the perfect sweet tea recipe using fresh summer fruit!
Serving amounts vary, depending on how much water is added.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition information is an estimate.