Make a big batch of this refreshing instant pot iced tea to have on hand all week. With just a few simple ingredients you can use your instant pot to make a delicious iced tea that will last for weeks!
New to the instant pot? Check out our instant pot guide here.
Okay, maybe iced tea isn’t everyone’s favorite beverage (there is a hilarious video floating around about making wine in your instant pot), but it is really very nice to have a readily accessible glass of iced tea on a hot day.
There are a few recipes floating around the internet for instant pot iced tea. My version is relatively sweet and uses iced tea bags. (This post contains affiliate links.)
Ingredients for instant pot iced tea
- Iced tea bags
- Granulated sugar
- Special equipment: Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker (this is the one I have)
How to make iced tea in the instant pot
Making iced tea in the instant pot is so easy and fast. Simply fill your instant pot with water and tea bags. Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes and natural pressure release. Next, you add your favorite sweetener. Lastly, you stick it in your refrigerator to cool. It’s really that easy to make a big batch of iced tea in your instant pot.
How to sweeten instant pot iced tea
This recipe calls for 3/4 cup of sugar. If you are worried about it being overly sweet, you can cut back on the sugar. Then, taste-test it while it’s still warm. If it isn’t sweet enough, just mix in some more sugar. It’s better to make it less sweet than overly sweet. You can’t really go backward from overly sweet.
How long will the iced tea stay fresh?
My iced tea stayed fresh in my refrigerator for 3 weeks. I drank it all by then, so it is possible it will stay fresh longer than that. I make no guarantees. 🙂
Can I use regular tea bags in this recipe?
Yes, you can use regular tea bags. Just double up the amount of tea bags you use. There are many flavored teas out there that would probably work well in this recipe. I would love to hear about what you end up using. Please leave a comment below if you use a different flavor that works for you!
Don’t have an instant pot? Try making sun tea instead!
A delicious summer beverage made easily in the instant pot electric pressure cooker.
- 4 liters water
- 4 bags green tea , iced tea size
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Fill the inner bowl of your instant pot to the 4L line.
- Add the tea bags.
- Close lid and set to sealing.
- Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
- NPR (Natural Pressure Release)
- Mix in sugar until dissolved. Taste test and add more sugar, if desired.
- Transfer to large mason jars or another storage container. Refrigerate.
- Serve over ice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- SteamMates Wraps Compatible with Instant Pot Accessories 6 qt | Customize Your Instant Pot with Different Designs | Fits InstaPot Duo 6 qt ONLY | Spring Floral Red Duo 6 Qt
- The "I Love My Instant Pot" Affordable Meals Recipe Book
- Instant Pot Duo 80 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, and Warmer, 8-QT, Stainless Steel/Black
Serving Size1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 35 Total Fat 0g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 11mg Carbohydrates 9g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 0g Sugar 9g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 0g