Make this instant pot peach jam and enjoy homemade jam for months! Learn how to quickly and easily make your own homemade freezer jam in the instant pot electric pressure cooker with this delicious instant pot recipe!
New to the instant pot? Check out our instant pot guide here.
A peach tree for our instant pot peach jam
In case you missed it, we moved our family into a new house last month. This new house came with mature fruit trees with fruit ripe for the picking. One of those trees (you guessed it) is a peach tree! We were loaded down with delicious freestone peaches, so I just knew I needed to make some jam (and some cobbler). Since then, we have also made instant pot apricot jam and it was so good!
I decided to try my hand at making peach jam in my Instant Pot electric pressure cooker. It did not disappoint!
HOW DO I KNOW IF MY INSTANT POT PEACH JAM IS READY?
Use the spoon trick! Before you start prepping your pressure cooker peach jam, place a couple of metal spoons in the freezer. Once you finish cooking the jam, pull one of the spoons out and scoop up some jam.
Turn it sideways and if the peach jam starts to thicken and jell (as opposed to staying completely liquidy and immediately falling off the spoon), then you know it’s ready!
WHAT IF MY INSTANT POT JAM ISN’T READY?
If for some reason your finish cooking your peach jam in the instant pot and it’s not ready, turn it on saute. Let it boil for 1 minute and then test it using the spoon trick again.
WHAT IF I GET THE BURN NOTICE?
This has happened to me! But it still turned out amazing! Here is what to do if you get the burn notice: Turn your instant pot off and let the pressure naturally release. Do not Quick Release! You will end up with a huge mess!
Once the pressure has released, remove your instant pot lid and do the spoon trick (discussed above). If your peach jam gels, than you are good to go. If it doesn’t, press the saute button. Bring it to a full rolling boil. Let it boil for 1 minute and then try the spoon trick again. Your jam should start to gel at this point. Let it cool and spoon it into jars.
Water bath canning your instant pot peach jam instead of freezing
Now, this recipe is for peach freezer jam. The Instant Pot is not made for canning, but you can skip the hard work of water bath canning and just throw these babies in the freezer.
If you do want to water-bath-can peach jam, I recommend following the recipe from the Ball Canning Bible (my favorite canning book) and use my method (below) for making jam in the Instant Pot. Then, water-bath-can with a regular canning pot (this is the one I have).
Either way, this Instant Pot Peach Jam is a great way to preserve one of the summer’s best fruits.
Update: I have included the required ingredients and method for water bath canning as many of you have tried it that way!
Make this peach jam in your instant pot and enjoy homemade jam for months! Learn how to quickly and easily make your own homemade freezer jam in the instant pot electric pressure cooker with this instant pot peach jam recipe!
- 6 cups peaches, peeled and pitted
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 packet pectin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Roughly chop your peaches and mash them with a potato masher.
- Measure out 6 cups peaches and put them in the bowl of your instant pot.
- Pour the sugar over the peaches and let sit 2-3 minutes, until the juices have been released.
- Mix in the pectin and lemon juice.
- Close the lid on your instant pot and set to sealing.
- Set to Manual - high pressure for 1 minute.
- Natural Pressure Release.
- Spoon into pint sized canning jars, leaving 1 inch head space (1 inch of space between the jam and the lid).
- Let cool and then refrigerate or freeze.
If planning to water bath can your instant pot peach jam, increase the lemon juice to 3 tablespoons, use traditional powdered pectin, and fill your jars to 1/4 inch headspace.
Check if your jam is ready by diping a frozen spoon into the jam. If the jam on the spoon gels, then it is done. If it stays thin and liquidy, then it needs to be cooked for additional time. Set your Instant Pot to Saute, bring the jam to a boil and let it cook 1 minute. Test again with a frozen spoon.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Sure-Jell 100% Natural Premium Fruit Pectin 1.75 oz
- The "I Love My Instant Pot" Affordable Meals Recipe Book
- Ball Mason 8oz Quilted Jelly Jars with Lids and Bands, Set of 12
- Ball Dissolvable Canning Labels, 60 Count (Pack of 2)
- Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
Amount Per Serving Calories 30
- Peach Cobbler
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Tacos
- Canning Strawberry Jam
- Amish-Style Nectarine Baked Oatmeal
- Nectarine Infused Sun Tea
- How I canned 40 Pounds of Tomatoes
- 55 Freezer Friendly Recipes
We love making instant pot peach jam because it keeps us away from the hot stove during those hot summer months. We hope you will, too!