As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you want to learn how to cook instant pot salmon? Start with this flavor-packed instant pot recipe with homemade teriyaki sauce. It’s ready in no time, thanks to the 0 minute cook time!
If you are looking for other tasty and healthy dinner recipes, check out our recipes for instant pot taco stuffed peppers, Tilapia Fish Cakes with Potato, Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken (with Frozen Chicken), Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers and Easy Chicken Stir Fry.
Instant Pot Salmon with Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
This simple instant pot salmon recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes and tastes great, thanks to the delicious homemade teriyaki sauce. Don’t be thrown off by the word “homemade” it is acutally really easy to make with a handful of simple ingredients.
How to cook salmon in the instant pot
Cooking salmon in the instant pot is really simple.
- Simply start with 1 pound of salmon.
- Place salmon on a trivet in the instant pot with 1 cup of liquid.
- Close the lid and set the pressure release valve to sealing.
- Cook on high pressure for 0 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release for 10 minutes and quick release the remaining pressure.
How to cook frozen salmon in the instant pot
Cooking frozen salmon in the instant pot is really easy! Simply adjust the cook time from 0 minutes to 2 minutes on high pressure.
What to serve with instant pot salmon?
Make air fryer salmon patties!
Instant Pot Teriyaki Salmon
- 1 pound fresh salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place salmon in Instant Pot on top of a trivet.
- Mix together soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, cornstarch, sesame seeds, ginger, and garlic powder. Pour sauce over salmon.
- Close lid and set pressure release to sealing.
- Press manual or pressure cook button and set to 0 minutes.
- Allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes and quick release remaining pressure.
- Serve with sauce poured on top of salmon.