You need this instant pot cherry cobbler in your life! With the sweet-tart cherries and the chewy cobbler topping, it’s the perfect instant pot dessert recipe for a holiday meal or just an ordinary Friday night.
I love all things cobbler. I have been making peach cobbler for years but decided to branch out to cherry cobbler with Thanksgiving in mind. This year, I’m experimenting as much as I can with Thanksgiving dishes I can make in my instant pot. This cherry cobbler was for sure a hit and it’s one less thing that needs to dominate your oven. You may also want to try our recipe for instant pot pineapple upside down cake.
Instant pot cherry cobbler is delicious as-is but even better with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The sweet cherry filling tastes so good next to a cold spoonful of creamy ice cream. Plus the chewy and sweet cobbler? You will be in heaven!
Ingredients in Instant Pot Cherry Cobbler
You are just 6 ingredients away from this yummy instant pot dessert.
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Melted Butter
- Vanilla Extract
Picking the right cake pan
When picking a cake pan for the instant pot cherry cobbler, make sure you pick one that is not designated for cheesecakes. All though I love my fat daddio push pan, it is not right for this recipe. You will want to use a pan without any crevices on the bottom, or your cherry filling will leak out. I recommend the fat daddio 7-inch cake pan.
You may also like:
- Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Cinnamon Rolls
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole
- Instant Pot Apple Crisp
A note on the cobbler topping
Cobbler topping continues to firm up as it cools. When you take it out of your instant pot, it may still seem soft. Let it cool down completely and the cherry cobbler topping will firm up.
A note on the cook time
This recipe originally called for 25 minutes on high pressure. I have since increased the cook time to 30 minutes after receiving feedback that 25 minutes wasn’t quite enough time.
- 20 ounce Can Cherry Pie Filling
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- pinch salt
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Fill the inner pot of your instant pot with 1 cup of water. Place the trivet inside.
- Grease a cake pan (that fits inside your instant pot) with cooking spray.
- Pour the cherry pie filling into the cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sugar, flour, and salt.
- Slowly drizzle in the melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Mix together with a fork until the mixture is wet.
- With clean hands, grab clumps of the cobbler dough and squeeze into a ball. Then flatten into a round.
- Place on top of the cherry pie filling. Continue making rounds with the cobbler dough and arrange slightly overlapped on top of the cherry pie filling.
- Place a paper towel on top of the cake pan and cover that with a piece of aluminum foil. Crimp the edges to prevent water from getting into the cherry cobbler.
- Create a foil sling with a long piece of aluminum foil folded into thirds.
- Use it to slowly lover the instant pot cherry cobbler into the instant pot.
- Gently fold the ends of the foil sling over top of the covered cake pan.
- Close the lid and set to "sealing".
- Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Quick Pressure Release (QPR).
- If a browned cobbler is desired, place the uncovered cake pan under your oven's broiler for 2-3 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 318