Make this Instant Pot Reese’s Cheesecake tonight! This instant pot dessert recipe has a chocolate cookie crust with a peanut butter cheesecake filling topped with chocolate ganache and chopped peanut butter cups.
One of my favorite candies of all time is Reese’s. Its peanut butter chocolate combination is just so good. I have created recipes around the peanut butter cup in the past (like the peanut butter cup cookie bars and this peanut butter chocolate Christmas puppy chow) but never in this way. Make sure you also check out our instant pot brownies recipe. It is so good!
This Reese’s cheesecake is so good because it’s like a giant Reese’s peanut butter cup in cheesecake form with mini Reese’s baked right into the center and on top. It’s total decadence.
How to make Reese’s Cheesecake
- Press an OREO cookie crust into the bottom and sides of a push pan.
- Mix up the cheesecake batter and add peanut butter and mini chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups.
- Cook in the Instant Pot for 40 minutes.
- Pour a simple chocolate ganache over the cheesecake and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Top with more mini Reese’s peanut butter cups and enjoy that creamy peanut butter chocolate goodness.
(scroll down for the full printable recipe)
Which Instant Pot Makes Cheesecake?
All of the Instant Pot models can make cheesecake. In fact, you can use any brand of electric pressure cooker to make cheesecake.
Why not use the oven?
It comes out perfectly moist every time and is way less of a hassle than cooking in the oven with a water bath. The only time I would recommend not making a cheesecake in the Instant Pot and instead the oven is if you need to feed a large crowd.
This is because the pan used for cheesecake in the instant pot is smaller than the pan you can use in the oven. This recipe for Instant Pot Reese’s cheesecake feeds 6, or more if you cut small slices.
Which pan do I use to make instant pot Reese’s cheesecake?
The pan I use and recommend for making this instant pot cheesecake is the 7 inch by 3 inch Fat Daddio cheesecake pan. It will fit in both the 6 quart and 8 quart models. I bought mine on Amazon.
Make this Instant pot Reese's cheesecake tonight! This instant pot dessert has a chocolate cookie crust with a peanut butter cheesecake filling topped with chocolate ganache and chopped peanut butter cups.
- 1 cup water
- 16 cream filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cream, divided
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 24 mini peanut butter cups, divided and chopped
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Place water and trivet inside Instant Pot®. Grease a (7-inch) cheesecake pan and set aside.
- Place 16 chocolate cookies in a gallon-sized zip-top and seal. Roll with a rolling pin until small crumbs are formed.
- Mix crushed cookies and melted butter together.
- Press cookie crust into bottom and 1/2 way up sides of greased cheesecake pan. Place pan in freezer while preparing cheesecake batter.
- With an electric mixer, cream together cream cheese and brown sugar. Beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in 1/4 cup cream, peanut butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Mix an additional 2 minutes.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beat until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in 1/2 chopped peanut butter cups.
- Pour batter into cheesecake pan.
- Create a foil sling and carefully lower pan into Instant Pot®.
- Close lid and set pressure release to sealing.
- Press manual or pressure cook button and set to 40 minutes.
- Allow pressure to naturally release. Remove lid.
- Carefully remove pan from Instant Pot® using foil sling.
- Place on a cooling rack and let cool to room temperature.
- Heat remaining 1/4 cup cream until steaming.
- Pour cream over chocolate chips and remaining 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract and stir. Let sit 5 minutes, until chocolate is melted. Stir until combined.
- Pour ganache over cheesecake.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours.
- Top cheesecake with remaining chopped peanut butter cups and serve.
- Serve chilled and refrigerate any leftovers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 1074 Total Fat 88g Saturated Fat 48g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 33g Cholesterol 262mg Sodium 516mg Carbohydrates 60g Fiber 3g Sugar 47g Protein 18g