Welcome spring with this flavorful roasted carrot soup! This vegan carrot soup is made with roasted carrots, sweet apples, and zesty ginger.
I don’t know about you, but all of the craziness going on around the world has me really focused on my family and what I can control. One of the things I can control is our meals. I love cooking with seasonal ingredients and one of my very favorite spring-time staples is carrots!
They last a long time in my fridge and are so versatile! I can turn them into an easy (and kid-friendly) side dish, bread, muffins, even cake! Today, I’m excited to share a recipe for roasted carrot soup with you.
Roasted carrot soup with ginger and apples
I have shared a lot of soup recipes over the years (many including carrots) but never a carrot soup recipe, until now! This carrot soup with ginger has the perfect combination of sweet carrot flavor with the extra layers of flavor from the apples and ginger.
Not a ginger fan? You can control how much ginger (if any) you add to this recipe. If you love it, then add more, just taste test as you go!
What to serve with carrot ginger soup?
I love serving this soup with a simple side salad and a hunk of homemade bread. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe
- Parmesan & Garlic Crisp
- Whole Wheat French Bread
- Italian Bread Bowls Recipe
- 2 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled with stem removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced thickly
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange peeled carrots on a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Roast carrots for 25-35 minutes, turning once, until charred.
- Place the apples in between the carrots and continue to roast for another 10-15 minutes, until apples are browned.
- Place carrots and apples in a blender and add 1 cup of broth.
- Puree until smooth.
- Add the ginger and puree again.
- Transfer pureed vegetables to a large stock pot and mix in remaining vegetable broth, nutmeg, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Cook over medium-high heat, until warmed throughout. About 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
Chicken broth may be used in place of vegetable broth.b
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 2 cups
Amount Per Serving Calories 212Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 906mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 11gSugar 16gProtein 3g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for roasted carrot soup? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment. You can also tag us in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks and #aileencooks.