Make cauliflower rice at home with this easy to follow recipe and tutorial on how to rice cauliflower and how to cook cauliflower rice. Make sure to check out our full list of easy cauliflower recipes, too!
I made cauliflower rice for the first time and didn’t tell my family. I just put it on the table and acted like it was regular rice. No one said a word. The kids inhaled it and my husband happily ate a big serving. It wasn’t until after they had eaten did I mention that our rice was actually made of cauliflower.
My husband was pleasantly surprised by how good it tasted. The texture wasn’t much different than regular rice and they soy sauce I added gave it a nice flavor.
How to rice cauliflower
The first thing you need to do is rice your cauliflower. There are two methods for ricing cauliflower. The first is by grating it with a box grater. Do it the same as you would a block of cheese. The second is to put it in your food processor with the grater attachment. I used my food processor and it was very easy and fast.
Once your cauliflower is riced, you will want to place it in a bowl with a paper towel. Press it gently into the paper towel to squeeze out any excess moisture.
How to cook cauliflower rice
Once your cauliflower is riced and drained of moisture, it’s time to cook your cauliflower rice! Heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Pour the cauliflower rice into the heated pan. Cover, and cook about 5 minutes – until fork tender. Mix in some soy sauce and cook for another minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
This recipe is a great healthy rice alternative. It pairs well with Asian dishes and simple chicken recipes. Make sure you check out our list of pairing suggestions below.
Recipe pairings for cauliflower rice
- Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Easy Chicken Stir Fry
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pork Loin
Make cauliflower rice at home with this easy to follow recipe and tutorial on how to rice cauliflower and how to cook cauliflower rice.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Cut the head of cauliflower into quarters.
- Place the cauliflower into a food processor using the grater attachment. Alternately, you may grate the cauliflower using a box grater.
- Place riced cauliflower into a bowl with a paper towel. Gently squeeze the excess moisture out of the rice.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the riced cauliflower into the skillet and cover, stirring occasionally. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the soy sauce and cook for 1 more minute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, keeping in mind that the soy sauce adds a good amount of saltiness.
- Serve in place of traditional rice.
Amount Per Serving Calories 50