Switch up Taco Tuesday with this tasty recipe for Instant Pot Taco Casserole! It’s a yummy taco meat casserole topped with chips and cheese. Yum!
We love nacho cheese taco casserole and make it regularly in the oven. I usually double the recipe and freeze one for an easy freezer meal. I converted this recipe for the instant pot to be included in my cookbook and decided to share it here, too.
If you like this recipe, make sure you check out our recipes for instant pot taco stuffed peppers, Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas, instant pot cheesy taco pasta, easy cheeseburger sliders, and taco stuffed shells!
What is instant pot taco casserole?
Taco casserole is like a deconstructed taco. It’s layers of tasty taco meat with cheese and tortilla chips on top.
How to make chicken taco casserole?
You can substitute the ground beef with ground chicken or ground turkey in this recipe. Follow the instructions the same. If you can’t find ground chicken, just throw a couple of raw chicken breasts in a food processor and process for about a minute, until ground into small chunks.
How to make taco casserole with Doritos?
You can totally make this taco casserole with Doritos. Just switch out the tortilla chips for equal amounts of Doritos. I recommend Nacho Cheese Doritos.
Taco casserole is nachos in reverse. It’s taco meat cooked in beef gravy and topped with chips and cheese. Then it’s cooked in a casserole that transforms it into a hearty and tasty dinner.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (1-ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Press sauté button on Instant Pot.
- Add beef to pot and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Drain fat from ground beef.
- Sprinkle beef with flour and taco seasoning.
- Pour in beef broth and mix.
- Bring to a boil and let cook 5 minutes, until sauce is thickened. Stir occasionally.
- Turn Instant Pot off.
- Scoop 1/2 of meat mixture into a (7-inch) cake pan.
- Spread 1 cup chips over meat.
- Top chips with 1/2 cup cheese.
- Repeat with remaining meat, chips, and cheese.
- Cover pan with foil.
- Clean inner pot and put back into Instant Pot.
- Add 1 cup water and trivet to Instant Pot.
- Create a foil sling and carefully lower pan into Instant Pot.
- Close lid and set pressure release to sealing.
- Press manual or pressure cook button and set to 7 minutes.
- Allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Quick release remaining pressure.
- Remove pan from pot and serve with sour cream as garnish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 595Total Fat 38gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 146mgSodium 1077mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 40g
Nutrition information is an estimate