As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
See how easy it is to make perfectly crisp air fryer frozen chicken nuggets! We love this easy method for making our kids’ favorite lunch!
Why make air fryer frozen chicken nuggets?
My kids love their chicken nuggets, yes they do! Sometimes, I like to eat a few, too. It is protein, isn’t it?
I’m not a fan of how they turn out in the microwave. Which is, honestly, my usual go-to because it’s fast.
They taste much better in the oven but I don’t always want to turn on my oven (especially in the heat of summer). Also, my oven takes a lot longer to preheat than my air fryer.
So, that is what brought me to experimenting with cooking frozen chicken nuggets in my air fryer.
More frozen foods to cook in your air fryer
If you are looking for more ways to utilize your air fryer with simple frozen foods, try these recipes:
- Air Fryer Frozen Pot Stickers
- Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer Frozen Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer Frozen Corn Dogs
- Air Fryer Frozen Hash Browns
Crunchy Air fried frozen chicken nuggets
I have to admit, I had low expectations, but was impressed! Air fryer frozen chicken nuggets really do come out much more crunchy. They taste more like fried (in oil) chicken nuggets. My kids only get those when their Pop Pop (grandpa) makes them, which is not very often!
Air fryer chicken nuggets are just as crispy and still come out with that “fried” texture that we all love. Yet, they are healthier and less messy to make!
Which frozen chicken nuggets can I use?
As you can see, my kids are partial to the dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets. We buy then in bulk at Costco but we also like the Tyson chicken nuggets. You can use whatever chicken nuggets you have on hand for this recipe. They are all roughly the same size, so they will cook at the same rate.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES:
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe
- Maple Bacon Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- 6 frozen chicken nuggets
- cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Once air fryer is preheated, place chicken nuggets inside air fryer. Arrange them so they are not touching.
- Air fry for 5 minutes.
- Flip chicken nuggets and spray both sides with cooking spray.
- Air fry frozen chicken nuggets for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from air fryer and serve with ketchup or other favorite dipping sauce.
Did you try this recipe for air fryer frozen chicken nuggets? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment.