This recipe for nacho cheese taco casserole is sponsored by Ricos. All opinions are my own. #RicosCheesePlease
Make this crowd-pleasing nacho cheese taco casserole. It’s packed full of taco flavor and topped with delicious nacho cheese! It’s such an easy and kid-friendly recipe. My kids love that they can customize it to their liking. My son likes it topped with sour cream and my girls love it with tomatoes and olives. I like my nacho cheese taco casserole topped with a little bit of salsa. Yum.
Freezer Friendly Nacho Cheese Taco Casserole
I’ve been making this recipe for my family for several years now. I love making a double batch and throwing one in the freezer, so I’ve included freezer meal directions in the recipe as well.
If you have been around for long, you probably know that I love freezer cooking. I have a whole extra freezer I like to stock in preparation for busy seasons (like welcoming a new baby) or whenever I get the freezer cooking itch. Here is a great list of other casseroles that freeze well (with shopping list).
It’s All About the Nacho Cheese
The cheese I use in this nacho cheese taco casserole is Ricos Gourmet Nacho. It is so good! It seriously takes taco night to a whole new level. I love that I can stock up on a few cans whenever I find myself at Walmart and keep them on hand whenever I have a craving for some really good nacho anything.
If you like things extra spicy, you can switch out the gourmet nacho flavor for Ricos Hot & Spicy Cheddar. I stick with the regular nacho flavor for our dinners, because I have little kids. If you make it with the spicy variety I can totally live vicariously through you! 😉
They also sell giant 6 pound, 10-ounce cans of their cheese sauce. Those are really good for throwing in your crockpot for an easy party dip (all you need to do is heat and eat). Ricos has a whole line of cheese sauces. You can check out the full line here. All of their cheese sauces are trans-fat free and contain no hydrogenated oils.
You won’t want to miss this: Ricos is giving away a 2018 Ford F-150. Click Here to enter the sweepstakes (Valid 1/15/18 – 5/31/18)!
Nacho Cheese Taco Casserole (Freezer Friendly)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey ground beef can also be used
- 1/4 cup or 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth beef broth can also be used
- 4 cups tortilla chips crushed
- 15- ounce can Ricos Gourmet Nacho
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ground turkey to the skillet and cook until browned.
- Once turkey is browned, sprinkle taco seasoning over the top of the meat and stir.
- Whisk in the flour and broth.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Let cook until liquid begins to reduce and sauce is thickened.
- Spread 1/2 of the crushed tortilla chips into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Top with 1/2 of the meat mixture followed by 1/2 of the Ricos Gourmet Nacho.
- Repeat the steps.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Freezing directions: If freezing, do not bake. Follow all steps but do not bake. Cover with 2 layers of tin foil. Label and date the casserole and freeze up to 3 months. Defrost overnight in your fridge and bake 30-45 minutes at 325 degrees.