Are you looking for a tasty Nacho Cheese Casserole Recipe? This recipe is filled with crispy tortilla chips, flavorful taco meat, and creamy nacho cheese. It is also on our list of main dish casserole recipes. This recipe is sponsored by Ricos. All opinions are my own.
Make this crowd-pleasing nacho cheese casserole. It’s packed full of taco flavor and topped with delicious nacho cheese! It’s such an easy and kid-friendly recipe.
My kids love that they can customize it to their liking. My son likes it topped with sour cream and my girls love it with tomatoes and olives. I like my nacho cheese casserole topped with a little bit of salsa. Yum. If you have an instant pot than you might also like our recipe for instant pot taco casseroleorInstant Pot Chicken Fajitas.
Freezer Friendly Nacho Cheese Casserole
I’ve been making this recipe for my family for several years now. I love making a double batch and throwing one in the freezer, so I’ve included freezer meal directions in the recipe as well. You can also read our post on how to freeze casseroles for additional tips.
If you have been around for long, you probably know that I love freezer cooking. I have a whole extra freezer I like to stock in preparation for busy seasons (like welcoming a new baby) or whenever I get the freezer cooking itch. Here is a great list of other casseroles that freeze well (with shopping list).
It’s All About the Nacho Cheese
The cheese I use in this nacho cheese casserole is Ricos Gourmet Nacho. It is so good! It seriously takes taco night to a whole new level. I love that I can stock up on a few cans whenever I find myself at Walmart and keep them on hand whenever I have a craving for some really good nacho anything.
If you like things extra spicy, you can switch out the gourmet nacho flavor for Ricos Hot & Spicy Cheddar. I stick with the regular nacho flavor for our dinners, because I have little kids. If you make it with the spicy variety I can totally live vicariously through you! 😉
They also sell giant 6 pound, 10-ounce cans of their cheese sauce. Those are really good for throwing in your crockpot for an easy party dip (all you need to do is heat and eat).
If you liked this nacho cheese casserole, you are going to love this recipe for easy cheeseburger sliders!
Make this delicious and kid-friendly nacho cheese casserole. While you're at it, try making a double batch and throwing one in the freezer for a busy night!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey, ground beef can also be used
- 1/4 cup or 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth, beef broth can also be used
- 4 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- 15- ounce can Ricos Gourmet Nacho
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ground turkey to the skillet and cook until browned.
- Once turkey is browned, sprinkle taco seasoning over the top of the meat and stir.
- Whisk in the flour and broth.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Let cook until liquid begins to reduce and sauce is thickened.
- Spread 1/2 of the crushed tortilla chips into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Top with 1/2 of the meat mixture followed by 1/2 of the Ricos Gourmet Nacho.
- Repeat the steps.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Freezing directions: If freezing, do not bake. Follow all steps but do not bake. Cover with 2 layers of tin foil. Label and date the casserole and freeze up to 3 months. Defrost overnight in your fridge and bake 30-45 minutes at 325 degrees.
Amount Per Serving Calories 536Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 118mgSodium 1152mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 31g
Nutrition Information is an estimate