Whip a batch of these healthy and flavorful instant pot taco stuffed peppers tonight! They are easier than you think and come out looking so pretty!
Taco stuffed peppers are made with a combination of rice, taco meat, green chilies, and spices. They cook up quickly and don’t require any extra accessories for your instant pot. Just use the trivet that your pot came with and you should be ready to make this easy weeknight meal.
Taco inspired instant pot stuffed peppers
I also love creating dishes inspired by tacos, that not actually tacos. Like black bean and chicken taco salad, taco stuffed shells, nacho cheese casserole, instant pot taco casserole, and instant pot cheesy taco pasta.
So when it dawned on me that I had not yet shared an instant pot stuffed pepper recipe, I knew I needed it to be a taco-inspired stuffed pepper. And it certainly did not disappoint! The instant pot taco stuffed peppers are incredibly easy to make and so fun to eat out of an edible bowl!
Choosing bell peppers
Although the red and yellow peppers made for pretty pictures, they also serve a purpose. They tend to be sweeter than green bell peppers, making them more family friendly. They are also slightly more money per bell pepper, so keep that in mind if you are trying to save money on groceries.
Switching to green bell peppers will save a few cents. No matter which bell pepper you choose for these taco stuffed peppers, the cooking time stays the same.
Are stuffed bell peppers low carb?
Yes, if you omit the rice. Simply don’t add the rice in this recipe and keep the cooking time the same.
Can stuffed peppers be frozen?
Yes. We have frozen these fully-cooked stuffed peppers for up to 2 months. Simply defrost in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in the microwave or oven, until the center is hot.
You may also like: Instant Pot Roast Beef
Can stuffed peppers be frozen before cooking?
Yes. The taco stuffed peppers can be prepared to the point of cooking and frozen. Simply add 50% more time when cooking. So you would go from 8 minutes to 12 minutes on high pressure.
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1-ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (4-ounce) can mild diced green chilies
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Pour water and trivet inside Instant Pot.
- In a medium bowl, mix together ground beef, taco seasoning, green chilies, and cooked rice. Set aside.
- Slice tops of bell peppers off and remove seeds from inside peppers.
- Scoop ground beef mixture into each pepper and fill just to the top.
- Carefully place stuffed peppers inside Instant Pot® so they are standing upright on trivet.
- Close lid and set pressure release to sealing.
- Press manual or pressure cook button and set to 8 minutes.
- Quick release pressure and remove peppers.
- Sprinkle peppers with cheese and serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 476Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 115mgSodium 705mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 37g
Nutrition information is an estimate.