Make your favorite Olive Garden soup at home with this Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana recipe! We love making this hearty instant pot soup recipe for those really cold nights!
This instant pot Zuppa Toscana recipe makes a large batch that tastes wonderful the next day. It’s filled with hot Italian sausage, kale, hearty potatoes, garlic, and onion.
New to the instant pot? Check out our instant pot guide here.
Olive Garden is my inspiration for this delicious Instant Pot zuppa toscana
I first tried Zuppa Toscana at Olive Garden – which is where most of us have probably tried it. I was out running errands with my son after his gymnastics class one day. We stopped to pick up some winter clothes for him and his sisters.
He was so sweet and patient while I shopped. We were probably in there for over an hour and he was on his best behavior. As we left, he told me he wanted to walk to a restaurant and eat.
I didn’t really know what to think of his request but figured I would try to humor him. I look around and there it is. Olive Garden. Perfect. We had been to Olive Garden many times, but not normally at lunch. I knew I didn’t want to eat a huge plate of pasta (Baked Ziti is my normal go-to), so I opted for soup and salad (and breadsticks).
I had heard some many rave reviews of Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana soup – I knew I had to try it. It was so delicious! I was completely hooked, I even asked for a second bowl (so much for eating light). As soon as my taste buds came in contact with this amazing soup, I knew I needed to recreate it at home for my family as an instant pot soup recipe.
Ingredients in Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
(printable recipe + slow cooker & instant pot directions are below)
- Set instant pot to saute. Heat olive oil and add Italian sausage.
- Cook sausage until brown, breaking it up into pieces as it cooks.
- Pour in chicken broth and water. Scrape any bits off the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon.
- Add in potatoes, onion, kale, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Gently stir.
- Close lid and set to sealing.
- Set Instant Pot to soup. (10 minutes on high pressure)
- Quick Pressure Release. Remove lid.
- While soup is still hot, whisk in heavy cream and flour until combined.
Slow Cooker Instructions
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan of medium-high heat.
- Cook Italian Sausage until brown and broken into small pieces. Remove from heat.
- Combine browned Italian sausage, potatoes, kale, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper in slow cooker.
- Pour chicken broth and 3 cups water over the top (the remaining cup can be discarded).
- Close lid and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Whisk in the cream and flour until the flour is fully combined.
Amount Per Serving Calories 473 Total Fat 29g Saturated Fat 13g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 17g Cholesterol 68mg Sodium 1062mg Carbohydrates 38g Fiber 5g Sugar 5g Protein 17g
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes:
- Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
More Slow Cooker Soup Recipes:
I love Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana. This instant pot zuppa toscana recipe tastes just like the real thing!