This creamy pesto chicken recipe is made with 4 simple ingredients that make a delicious and family-friendly chicken dinner! This pesto chicken bake recipe is the perfect go-to for baked chicken recipes for busy weeknight meals.
We have been making this 3-ingredient baked pesto chicken recipe for several years now and have recently discovered a new-found love for creamy pesto chicken. These recipes are very similar, except the recipe, I am sharing today is, well, creamy!
What makes creamy pesto chicken creamy?
The secret to making a creamy pesto chicken recipe is softened cream cheese. When you mix cream cheese together with pesto, it creates this creamy sauce that melts right into the chicken as it bakes. The trick to a creamy pesto chicken bake is ensuring your cream cheese is actually softened. You should easily be able to press a thumbprint into the cream cheese.
How to make creamy pesto chicken?
- Start by butterflying your chicken breasts to make each one into two thin slices.
- Mix softened cream cheese and pesto together.
- Spread creamy pesto on chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
What do you eat with pesto chicken?
How to soften cream cheese?
- The first way to soften cream cheese is to set it out at room temperature for about an hour. This gives the cream cheese plenty of time to softened and ready to mix with other ingredients.
- The second way to soften cream cheese is with the microwave. Heat it in 10-second increments until softened, but not melted.
- The third way to soften cream cheese is in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat just until softened, making sure to stir regularly.
What is pesto made of?
Pesto is traditionally made of olive oil, basil, pine nuts, and parmesan cheese. There are other variations made with kale, different oils, and different nuts. I have even tried sun-dried tomato pesto and it was totally dreamy.
We LOVE the jar of pesto sold at Costco and buy it regularly. I like to keep it on hand for this pesto chicken dinner recipe along with topping quesadillas and anything else my heart desires.
What do I put pesto on?
This creamy pesto chicken recipe is made with 4 simple ingredients that make a delicious and family-friendly chicken dinner! It's important to use softened cream cheese as cold cream cheese will not mix well with the pesto. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size 1 piece of chicken
Amount Per Serving Calories 508 Total Fat 41g Saturated Fat 17g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 20g Cholesterol 126mg Sodium 490mg Carbohydrates 7g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 0g Sugar 3g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 29g
This creamy pesto chicken recipe is made with 4 simple ingredients that make a delicious and family-friendly chicken dinner!
It's important to use softened cream cheese as cold cream cheese will not mix well with the pesto.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love making creamy pesto chicken on those busy nights when I just need to get dinner on the table. The simple 4 ingredient recipe makes my life easier! If you tried this recipe, please let us know what you thought with a rating or comment. You can also tag us on social media using @aileencooks.