This kid-friendly instant pot macaroni and cheese makes the grown ups happy, too! It’s loaded with two different kinds of cheese and topped with bacon and green onions. Thanks to the instant pot electric pressure cooker, it’s ready in under 30 minutes.
I used cheddar and jack cheese for this pressure cooker macaroni and cheese recipe, but you can use whatever cheese you like best. This recipe also calls for hot sauce. It doesn’t make it spicy at all, but does add a great flavor. If you want it to add some kick, just mix in extra hot sauce after the cheese is melted.
Instant pot macaroni and cheese makes great leftovers. Just add a bit of milk when re-heating.
Don’t have an Instant Pot? This is the one I use –> Instant Pot Duo 7 in 1.
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 pint (2 cups) heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded jack cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Set Instant Pot to Saute and add bacon.
- Cook until bacon is browned.
- Remove bacon and set aside. Discard bacon grease.
- Combine the elbow macaroni, water, and hot sauce in the bowl of your instant pot electric pressure cooker.
- Set to manual - 4 minutes.
- Once done, quick pressure release and carefully cover the nozzle with a towel.
- Once all pressure is released, open your instant pot and mix in the heavy cream and shredded cheese.
- Mix well and serve with bacon and green onions.
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Tacos
- Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- Instant Pot Apple BBQ Ribs
Note: This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.