As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This slow cooker beef chili simmers in the crockpot all day and makes an incredibly flavorful chili with a tasty sauce that makes you want seconds (or thirds). I love cooking chili because it’s a meal you can enjoy year round, it freezes well, and is totally family friendly.
You can serve it in a bowl with chips and cheese. Incorporating a few “fun” ways to eat the chili can really help kids consider trying it. My daughter loves chili and will happily eat it a couple of days in a row.
My son isn’t as excited about dinner in general, but he will totally eat it if we top it with lots of cheese.
When it comes to making chili, the longer you cook it, the better.
You want all of the ingredients to melt into each other. That’s why cooking chili in the crockpot is perfect.
Just spend 10 minutes on prep in the morning and you’ll come home to a healthy and filling dinner.
Serve this with: Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread
Slow Cooker Beef Chili
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes with diced green chilies
- 15 ounce can S&W chili beans
- 15 ounce can S&W black chili beans
- Optional: sliced green onions for garnish
- Brown ground beef in a large pan, adding seasoning 1/2 way through with the chili powder, black pepper, salt, and garlic powder.
- Spray the bowl of a slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Combined browned ground beef, tomatoes, and beans (undrained).
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.