Chocolate butterscotch chip cookies are light and chewy with that distinct brown sugar-butter flavor. These cookies take your standard chocolate chip cookie and kick it up a notch (or two)! You definitely want to add these to your holiday baking list!
About this chocolate butterscotch chip cookie recipe
I use both butterscotch chips and chocolate chips in this recipe. Chocolate butterscotch cookies come out nice and thin and chewy – my favorite way to eat a cookie.
I made these cookies with my kids when their kindness elves had them bake cookies for their cousins. This was their first time tasting butterscotch and they LOVED IT! 🙂 We also made Christmas Cake Mix Cookies, s’mores blossom cookies on that day and hazelnut snowball cookies. It was a lot of fun.
How many cookies does this chocolate butterscotch chip cookies recipe make?
This recipes for chewy chocolate butterscotch chip cookies yields a lot of cookies (3 dozen) and is a great recipe for freezing cookie dough so you can always have fresh baked cookies on hand.
We love baking up a batch and gifting them to friends and family. Who doesn’t love a surprise plate of fresh baked cookies? These are also a great cookie for a cookie exchange party.
Does butterscotch go with chocolate?
Yes! Butterscotch and chocolate go together so well! I love the combination of flavors in these chewy chocolate chip cookies. They are, hands-down my favorite chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe!
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl (by hand or with a mixer), cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs - mixing after each addition.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of cookie dough on to your greased cookie sheet, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 36 Serving Size 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 157Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 24mgSodium 144mgCarbohydrates 20gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 1gSugar 14gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 2g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for chocolate butterscotch chip cookies? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment. You can also tag us in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks.