I recently shared this hack on making cookie bars with cake mix and today I am back with instructions for making Christmas cookies with cake mix. These are great for making a variety of cookies in one single batch. I love it for when you want a pretty platter of Christmas cookies for a family gathering or want to give away containers of cookies to friends and family.
Kid Friendly Cake Mix Cookies
This is also a great Christmas Cookie recipe to make with kids because there are only a handful of things to mix into to make the cookie batter and they will have fun rolling the cookie dough balls in different types of sprinkles.
How to make cookies with cake mix?
Cake mix cookies are so easy to make and are a great way to make a batch of differently decorated cookies!
- Start by combing a box of yellow cake mix, butter, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Scoop the cookies using a cookie scoop and roll in sprinkles.
- Bake for 10 minutes until set.
- Let cool and serve.
That’s it, easy peasy!
What toppings to use for Christmas cake mix cookies?
We love using a variety of toppings for a festive platter of Christmas cookies. Here are some ideas:
- red and green jimmies
- red and green non perils
- red sanding sugar
- green sanding sugar
- powdered sugar
- cocoa powder
- crushed peppermint candy
Can you freeze cake mix cookies?
Yes! These cake mix cookies are freezer friendly. You can let them fully cool and freeze them or freeze them in cookie dough ball form with sprinkles already added. Check out our post on freezing cookie dough for more instructions.
How long do Christmas cake mix cookies last?
These cookies will last at room temperature, in an air-tight container for about 10 days. Storing them properly is the most important part. They do not need to be refrigerated.
More Christmas Cookie recipes
We love baking cookies at this time of year! Here are a few more favorites:
Whip up a batch of these festive christmas cake mix cookies! It takes just 4 ingredients, plus your sprinkles of choice to make these tasty and adorable christmas cookies!
- 1 (15-ounce) Box Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Christmas sprinkle assortment
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Pour cake mix into a large mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla, melted butter, and eggs to cake mix.
- Mix well.
- Roll the dough into tablespoon sized balls.
- Pour each type of sprinkles into small bowls.
- Roll the balls of dough around in your choice of sprinkles to coat.
- Place cookies on prepared cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies are set and lightly browned.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and let fully cool.
- Serve and enjoy.
Serving Size1 cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 185Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 39mgSodium 293mgCarbohydrates 27gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 15gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 2g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for Christmas Cake Mix Cookies? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment. You can also tag us in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks.